T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am using Resolute Inks, I left the printer with the cmyk inks for 20 days when i powered it on again i did a simple head clean from the ink button and i got a 100% perfect nozzle check. With white i need to make one cleaning each 2-3 days.

Humidity is very good over here for dtg also
I never getting problem with cmyk inks. The problem only came from white inks. I am using China dtg inks

·
Registered
42 Posts
A tid bit of info regarding the epson r2880/r1900/r2000... Randy & I were doing a bit of R&d with the mentioned printers and looking over the manuals.. I have made a discovery that slipped by me previously.. here it is (the 2880/1900 and 2000 are the same printer with only firmware differences.. If you look at the manuals on these models you will notice they use exactly the same board configuration power supply/main board/led etc are all the same part numbers... so i did a little test and pulled a 2880 mainboard and swapped it with a r1900 printer and whala i now have converted the 1900 to 2880 same goes with the r2000 but you will lose the wifi... the beauty of this is there is a reset all to full inkchip available for the r2880 and the front load capability allows a fully automated machine with very few mods... the ink configuration is different however when using a rip its meaningless when matched with the proper inkchip for the 2880 and converted to dtg, this is good news for modders as the 2000 should be around for years being a new addition and with the ability to use just the r2880 firmware opens alot of doors (or the 1900 for that matter)... more testing yet to go....:)
How about the csic board? R2000 has different ink chip with R1900. Could I only replace R2000 board with R1900 board and use R1900 ink chip without replace R2000 csic?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Update..

swapped only the mainboard from the 2880 to the 1900, then we installed the r2880 raft chip into the 1900..

the 1900 now thinks its a 2880 and the chip works and reads all ink levels full-so this would mean no need to swap out cisc board.. i would assume the same for the r2000:)
Thanks for your info.
Just to let you know that epson R2000 has different FFC sockets and power supply with R1900

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys was just wondering if anybody could help? when you replace the mainboard on an epson r1900 is it just a matter of swapping it out or do i need to run software to install it , also i have another 1900 that wont power up after tear down and was working fine before hand, thanks
Sometimes you need to do Initial Setting on Adjustment Program

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.