T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have own both RIP software programs and based on my experience, MultiRIP GP is the better of the two programs all around. EK Print is a very simple program, but I found it very limiting. I found that I had to do more testing and color tweaking with EK Print. I also found printing photographs with EK Prints extremely difficult. It seems like the color profiles were really designed for just clip art printing – colors were oversaturated and while that makes the prints seem brighter; forget trying to do decent skin tones (every fair skinned person looks a bit tomato-ish, Asians look almost green and dark skin colors are too dark without enough contrast) or color matching. The problem is any screen printer can do spot colors and probably with more opacity and vibrancy. Photos are what separates a dtg printer from an average screen printer. MultiRIP allows you to print from their own printing application (like EK Print has), but it also allows you to print directly from CorelDraw or Illustrator. This prevents you from having to convert a vector graphic into a raster graphic before bringing it into the EK Print application. Everyone knows that when you convert the graphic from a vector to a raster, the colors change. So it is best to leave it in its original format and let the RIP software do the work for you.

1 - 1 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.