T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thats the way i see it:)

The Rip guys are the real winners here as far as diydtg's go (not to mention the consumables). there will be no long term profits from diydtg designs, and the diydtg's are only going to get better and grow in numbers.. from my prospective they should have these features considering it cost more than converting the printer itself..

They dont have to depend solely on commercial bundles anymore once people start converting the printers, and you have to have a rip and ink;)
Yes as long as you don't make / program your own RIP which is pretty easy for a programmer who know to directly send commands in RAW mode to epson printers. So I think the real winner are consumables in the near future, especially Inks(White inks mostly). Oh forgot to mention Epson. Their market has grown not only in paper printers but also in garment printers.It is only my 2 cents.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Jeff,
I convert an epson printer using conveyor belt design, but the problem is the tighter I setup the belt the epson stock stepper motor can not rotate properly, but if I setup the belt looser my stainless steel shaft does not move at all, do you have this kind of problem with your conveyor belt setup? I am thinking to change my epson stock motor with a bigger one so it can move freely. I try the friction setup everything goes fine :) print perfectly
Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hoho thanks for the advise...I will consider using a small timing belt.

the only issue i had is when i used the first belt material...it had a rubbery stretch to it...
Yes this was my current setup and I change again to friction setup and I will try a timing belt setup this time.
Oh btw, Will you still be using your white conveyor belt (windows pulley) for your next setup? I can't find any conveyor belt without rubbery stretch to it except windows pulley :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
it depends on your design..most likely yes..

my encoder-pf motor is on the front axel..so i have about a 1 foot extention...;) but you can run the pf motor center of the conveyor at a lower elevation say 2 to 3 inches down-but not as much of the belt touches the pulley that way..with the drive motor on either end you get about 75% contact between pully and belt and about 50% with the drive motor in the middle..i prefer the end for the drive motor myself..
Hoho I like the center pf motor design no need for extended wiring mean lesser troubles like soldering to hot that can burned the pf motor or even the motherboard. Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Machine controller will let you operate multi solenoids we easy programing. a small gantry table with a wagner sprayer should be all you need or just modify a paint gun head with a small air pump HVLP spraying.
They have what they call a break out board with a smooth stepper which allows more IO hook ups and produces pulse stream to power steppers or servos. Plugs into a usb port on the computer a small box to hold them in is all you need. The controller doesnt no if its a spindle or coolant it just turns on and off when it reads the code . the code can be a generic and changed if needed. We had a cake decorater that used air brushes to paint cakes was simple design
I was also thinking about to build my own pre-treater booth from my CNC plan and make some adjustment here and there to make sure all my pretreatment is good or if I ask someone else to help me I don't have to explain to them how to do the pretreatment evenly

·
Registered
439 Posts
Kornit initially came out using a solvent based ink for its dtg printers, but has long since switch to a waterbased pigment ink. They just showed their new pigment inks at the SGIA Show and they look pretty nice.

Mark
I didn't know that they have been discontinued :) I thought they offer both eco solvent based ink and water based ink

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes, I agree the print resolution far less than epson printer, it looks like they merge several outdoor printers into one bulky t-shirt printing machine, I believe that outdoor printhead is tougher than epson printhead but the downside is less dpi resolution.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just wanted to thank you all for all the prayers and well wishing!!! I have great news regarding my fathers cancer!!! His scan today revealed 100% Cancer free and the blood clot in the lung is gone...:) He will have 2 month check ups here out!! Thankyou, He said today he will finally retire at 76..lol
Good to here that Jeff...Happy New Year 2011 for you and your family, and everyone else here

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.