T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Congrats!

Very nice video. And this is a totally stock 1900? No custom chips?

I have to ask when you place you platen on your belt and move it back and forth I take it the pf motor is free. Are you just sighting you platens location by eyeball?

Thanks.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oh this is sweet.:D

This means I should have kept that last 1900 instead of selling it.

So this means all one needs other than the modified printer is dtg ink and rip software.

You going to make a new step by step thread right?:)

·
Registered
642 Posts
I saw that water mark. Is that due to it being a trial version?

·
Registered
642 Posts
your lucky to have someone who's figure this out in the first place...let alone has spent their time to write an nice pdf
Your way off the subject. Troller.

Im not complaining about how long it took to create the plans. I am glad they did.

Just make it easier for the first time readers of this thread to find the files in the first post.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Just a note, the Epson 1400 has a $80 rebate now, at the Epson store or at select online stores.
bhphotovideo.com has it for $270 shipped. That ends up at $190.

Just think of the people paying thru the nose on Ebay.

Rebate. [media]http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/Rebates_Promos/070211_EPSON_EPSP1400.pdf[/media]

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
I don't think you understand that sales price. The 1400 is normaly $299 and with the $80 rebate, it comes to $219 but you have to pay the $299 price and send in the rebate to get your $80 back.
Doh, Your right. Would have answered earlier but been gone buying a screen printing press I found on craigslist.

So then B&H photo is still best price $189 shipped.
Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Inkjet Printer C11C655001 B&H Photo

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well Jeff, you have managed to get me interested in this again since I have the equipment to do this. I gave up on using white in our Epson's, but now you bring this option up.

The area Im not clear about now is the ink compatibility between the screen print and what would be used in the printer.

Reactions: 102557

·
Registered
642 Posts
It must have some sort of auto-registration. He doesn't bother trying to line it up at all...

Bob ?;O)
Notice at 2:30 in his video he has the plate pinned on the press and on a raised mount on the printer that locates with pins.
You will see him adjust and make sure its located properly, even pressing down to make sure its seated good.
At 2:31 you can see the mount on the printer has a long neck to accommodate the shirt hanging down.
Only drawback to this is you have to hope you hit the mount or move around till you do since you cant see where it is.
But it will be dead on.

·
Registered
642 Posts
OK, we need to ask ourselves, "What is the difference between DTG White Ink and White Screenprint Ink." Like I said before I believe there is an incompatibility in the surface tension between the Silkscreen ink and the DTG ink. Find what it takes to get the textile ink to the same surface tension as white DTG ink and you'll nail it. IMHO

Bob ?;O)
My same question.:)

·
Registered
642 Posts
I also will be limited in time on my project, my fathers cancer took a turn for the worse today and has spread into the brain (this after removing part of the lung and scans showing cancer free) He will begin radiation everyday starting tommorro.. Its heart wrenching after watching every thing one goes thru fighting this dreadful disease... the recent prognosis will slow me down abit but building these printers is allso my thearpy... we will get it going;)
Hate to hear this. My mom passed away in '99 from the same exact cancer. Went from her lung to her brain. It is truly horrible for everyone.

Reactions: 102557

·
Registered
642 Posts
Just a idea.

If this Ricoh looks like its gonna take off, maybe its time for a new "Ricoh" thread.

I just started back at page one of this thread, and skipped thru up to today and there is a lot of ideas started, and now abandoned.

Pretty much covered the good and bads of the Epson 1900,s, 1400,s and 1100's, now mixing Ricoh into a already 3000 post Epson thread.:confused:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ok, I've read about 10 pages and there is just to much to.read! There is no way I could pull off the build, is anyone selling these yet?
Yea, this thread started out as a 1900 diy dtg printer and now has covered over 4 printers new findings and downfalls.
Rather than start a new thread this one meanders on and on.
Also if your not asking about the current topic at hand you could get ignored.
The length of this thread is discouraging to new readers who thought it was about building a 1900.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Gimp with Gutenprint will allow for three color composite with the Epson T1100 printer. I have corresponded with one of the principal programmers of Gutenprint and he assures me we can force it to open up the print head to always lay down the largest possible drops.

Bob ?;O)
Thank you Bob for keeping those guys interested in improving Gutenprint.

·
Registered
642 Posts
hey guys i've solved the paper sensor error most probably and now there's this ink detection error... Now the printer's not accepting the CIS system and its showing no cartridges/empty cartridges. Sometimes it shows 4 slots empty and sometimes only 1... So help me to get over with this problem...
If you are talking about the Epson 1100 here is a thread where they had the same issue.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t158449-2.html

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.