T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The inks are 3/4 full cymk 4oz bottles and one full k... The printers are both used and have not been torn down yet.

One of the printers came with a set of ink cartridges but one is empty and I could not get it to print a test print. The other printer has no cartridges whatsoever. They have been used with standard ink not DTG and SHOULD be fine with cleaning. Each is provided with a set of refillable empty cartridges. The price is right and no warranty is implied.

I hope that helps... The information is on the website.

Thanks Jeff,

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I've dropped in from time to time to watch your progress but no.. I haven't even started. I have been playing with Gutenprint and I think I might start testing to separate inks before I tear one down... I've learned a few interesting things about it and I actually have the option to print a white and color layer... I have yet to test it. I have two printers so I could start on both at the same time.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
sounds awesome!!!

cant wait to see your results and input here!!!;) p.s i have a much better designed printer system than the printer shown in the vids..give me a call before you build and ill explain this concept to you!!!
Jeff, your number has changed since we last talked on the phone. Please send me an email with your new number and I'll give you a call...

Thanks,

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
How could you seperate the channels in gutenprint? Could you change the ink order? I tried some times ago without success.
Tib, That's the $800 question. I value Jeff's experience here and EK Rip looks like the best alternative at the moment. That shouldn't stop us from experimenting. Gutenprint is a strange and wonderful animal. I'm using it in Gimp for Windows. I'll let everyone know if I figure it out.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Just a thought out loud... These chips attach to the outside of the ink cartridges. They are kept in place with a plastic clip. They do nothing to and read no information from the ink cartridge. Why not affix the chip against the printer's ink leads and forgo the ink cartridge? You could just place the plastic tubing over the ink nibs directly... Hummm....

Just thinkin'

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Really that chip resets all 8 channels at once? I have two chip sets and both behave the same: Each color resets only when reaching certain low level. I cannot reset all of them at once. So when doing cleanings and fill ink, it's a bit boring. If you confirm the Raft Chips works on demand, I'll order one for me. It's from inkjetcarts, isn't it?

Thanks for the good work German.
Robert, Actually that pic is a RAFT chip for a 1400 and the 1900 has two of these like you said. Thanks for the input.

Bob

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Could the printheads on a printer be cleaned sonically while still on the machine? For instance, if one were to design a platen that parks a sonic bath directly under the printhead and then rises up or the printhead lowers down into the bath?

I don't know much about this sort of stuff, and that's probably painfully clear, but just a thought. It just seems like after all these years now, they would have figured out this head cleaning thing by installing something on the head itself or designing some sort of device that would clean the head while it's still on the machine. My first inkjet was in 98 I think. The Epson Stylus 600 if memory serves. It had the exact same problems that today's inkjets have.

I was kind of thinking of having a switch in the CISS tubes that would redirect a cleaning solution to the heads without having to remove the heads. Then you could call for a cleaning cycle say once every day to help keep the head tidy for the next day... Just another thought. A sonic cleaner would be a great way to clean an impossible clog but you would likely have to take it out of the printer and place it in the sonic cleaning unit.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Unless you've got the deal of the century on your inks, you might want to think about all that ink (money) you'll be throwing down the drain when switching lines to cleaning fluid. All the ink in the dampers will be wasted as well as having to re-prime them after cleaning.
Not if you place the switch after the dampeners and as close to the head as possible. IMHO you should clean the system frequently if not daily...

Bob

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hey

I did a test printing today .. printer needs some fine tuning but all in all its working fine.

Fist I had a problem with two blinking orange lights while starting the printer (Paper and ink ). But the funny thing was that I did not get this error if I pe was pressed while starting.

The Wood I used for this build has a white surface. And it seems that this was the problem. I just took a black piece of paper and covered the surface under the printhead. - No more error.
This did the job.
I think a few people had the same error around here so I wanted to share this with you guys.

Chris

Chris, I did get the error only when turning on the printer. My experience was the same.

Bob

1 - 20 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.