T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
I am curious as to how you set up the usb for booting of the machine. I have a EMC-10T & tried to convert to a floppy emulator several months ago. I copied the files from the boot disk to the usb but the machine would not boot up. Could you explain how yours works? Thank you.

· Registered
35 Posts
Help please, I ordered the usb drive by following your link for the one that you purchased and it came today. I downloaded and installed the singlehead file onto a 2G usb drive but the machine still won't see it. I changed the jumper as you showed in your directions. I assume that I am doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. :confused:

My machine is an EMC10-T single head from around 1995. I would appreciate any suggestions that you can make. TIA!!

· Registered
35 Posts
My USB drive was formatted as FAT(default) so I reformatted it to FAT32. I extracted the single head boot file on the USB drive. Turned on the machine, it shows "checking RAM" then "DiskBios 1.7 992k", then "insert boot disk". I put the usb drive in and press enter, it shows "trying network", then flashes back & forth between "DiskBios 1.7 992 K & unit 01" then finally says "insert book disk".
I have power to the drive unit (green light & red 000). I have tried selecting 000, 001, 010, all with no effect.

I have also tried copying the boot files from the floppy disk (they have different names "edsapp9a.rsa, edsapp9b.rsa, edsapp9c.rsa, edsapp99.rsa" then what is in the one I downloaded from here), with the same results.

I don't know what else to try.:eek: Thank you for any suggestions.

· Registered
35 Posts
I have tried turning the 34 pin cable over, had the same results. I formatted the thumb drive to FAT32 and installed the files again last night. I waited to see the "insert boot disk" and put the thumb drive on the usb unit & pressed enter on the emc-10t. It still doesn't boot the machine.

· Registered
35 Posts
I was using the file provided here. There is a file on my floppy disk that I believe is to make a new floppy boot disk but it isn't compatible with my computer (win 7 64bit). If your file is compatible I would be very grateful if you could send me a copy. If it isn't compatible I will have to try and track down and older computer. TIA:)

· Registered
35 Posts
I tried the file that you provide on dropbox (emc10ce.exe) on a XP computer. I still can't get the machine to boot from the new usb drive. I have tried everything I can think of, including suggestions from my son (who knows more about computers than I do) but no luck. Guess I will go back to floppy disks for now. Thank you for all of your suggestions.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts