T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Your issue is likely the USB Drive. I have 6 different drives and only a old Dell drive that came with a computer years ago will boot the machine. It was the first one I tried. I can use any of them to load files, but only that one boots. I've done all sorts of formatting and other tricks, but, as others have noted, you need to try several older thumb drives to find one that will boot the machine.

· Registered
13 Posts
I have 2 Melco machines EMT10/4T & EMC10/4T I bought a USB emulator and can't get them to work. I think Melco machine can not read partitions drives. This is the operations instructions that came with the USB. Please let me know what you like or tell how I can get them to work on my machines.

Operation :

Format USB flash drive
Use built-in self-format function to format USB flash drive into 1000pcs
partitions.
Use software in CD format USB flash drive under WINDOWS XP/2000, into 000-099
100pcs partitions.
Install an emulator on computer, and format every partitions by operate
driver A:.
use emulator UFA1M44-100, plug USB flash drive on it,connect to computer, it
will recognized as removeabe driver A: or B: under WINDOWS XP/2000/7, format
every partitions.
UFA1M44-100 also built in self-format function.

· Registered
13 Posts
I have 2 Melco machines EMT10/4T & EMC10/4T I bought a USB emulator model SFR1M44-U100 and can't get them to work. I think Melco machine can not read partitions drives. This is the operations instructions list below that came with the USB. Please let me know what you think or tell how I can get them to work on my machines. The company claims it works on melco. I tried 6 USB sticks to boot with and didn't work. I used 1/2g, 1g, 2g,4g, all formated correct. :confused: Need help

Operation :

Format USB flash drive
Use built-in self-format function to format USB flash drive into 1000pcs
partitions.
Use software in CD format USB flash drive under WINDOWS XP/2000, into 000-099
100pcs partitions.
Install an emulator on computer, and format every partitions by operate
driver A:.
use emulator UFA1M44-100, plug USB flash drive on it,connect to computer, it
will recognized as removable driver A: or B: under WINDOWS XP/2000/7, format
every partitions.
UFA1M44-100 also built in self-format function.

· Registered
18 Posts
First:
- The "emulator" needs to be the SFRM72-FU. SFR1M44-XX will not work. Melco uses 720k. I bought this one for 49$ shipping included.
- Works without any problem on my machine (Melco EMT 10/4T from Dec 1998)
- The usb memory sticks needs to be in FAT or FAT32 format (default). I'm using a common 4GB TDK stick:

· Registered
1 Posts
I am just now coming across this post as I was searching for some other issues.

Question: what is the benefit of switching to USB, vs. using the old desktop that is networked to my 4 machines?

I am so newbie it's ridiculous...I'm really figuring out most of this by myself and with youtube and this board. The lady I bought my shop from was supposed to train me for 6 weeks, but she split after 2! Most things are going good so far, I'm just thinking there's probably easier ways to do some of this.

TIA!!!!

Charla

· Registered
20 Posts
I received SFRM72-FU drive on Friday and have been unable to get my EMC-10T up and running. My final floppy disk was corrupted about 3 weeks ago and I am in dire need to get me machine up and running. I made a copy of my boot files but they do not seem to be working. I have followed all the suggestions but I am having the same results as Istark. I have tried flipping the 32 pin cable and I still get BOOT READ ERROR.

Please HELP!!!

J

· Registered
14 Posts
I had some problem at beginning.
You have to wait until inthe machine you read "Insert boot disk".
Than put the pen drive with boot files in the emulator and immediatly press ENTER in the embroydery.
You have to press Enter in the machine while the floppy emuletor display "0.d"

· Registered
20 Posts
I had some problem at beginning.
You have to wait until inthe machine you read "Insert boot disk".
Than put the pen drive with boot files in the emulator and immediatly press ENTER in the embroydery.
You have to press Enter in the machine while the floppy emuletor display "0.d"
Ragman73, you are my new best friend. That worked like a charm. Booted right up. Thanks a million!!!!!!!!

J

· Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had success with a particular/ specific usb thumb drive (the one posted from Amazon is NLA)? I have tried 5 different usb drives and still receive the same prompt "BOOT READ ERROR" followed by the "NETWORK" prompt.

TIA!!!

21 - 40 of 89 Posts