[ZAZZLE] The infamous "An error occurred on this page which may make it unusable. If this occurs please refresh the page." error - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > Zazzle
Discuss the Zazzle service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" Zazzle sponsored forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future Zazzle members. Visit Zazzle.

[ZAZZLE] The infamous "An error occurred on this page which may make it unusable. If this occurs please refresh the page." error

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 15th, 2009 Jun 15, 2009 8:37:08 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default The infamous "An error occurred on this page which may make it unusable. If this occurs please refresh the page." error

Hello.

I have tried out Zazzle after some fairly positive CafePress experience. Some of the products are good and innovative, and I also read that the quality of prints can be marginally better. However, the interface is difficult to navigate, full of popups and lots of "web 2.0" pizzazz that I don't need and I actually find distracting. I badly feel the need to add/change a design for a whole range of products in bulk - not perfect in CafePress, but at least they try.
Also strange that you have to charge a minimum markup of 10% to your customers - not good if you just want to share your designs with your friends with little or no profit for yourself.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with an error I kept bumping into

"
An error occurred on this page which may make it unusable.
If this occurs please refresh the page.
"

This was happening on every page of my gallery, after loading - only with Firefox 3 on two different computers, it was loading with no errors with Internet Explorer 6.
The solution was to disable the "Google Analytics", as suggested by another user in Zazzle's forum. To do that, you need to go to "Store Settings" > "Basic Information".

For completeness, however, I would also like to include the correspondence with Customer Service.

I understand other users get this error in other situations (it's probably a catch-all error message), but I hope this helps.

Cheers,
pooh

-----------------------

Subject: Error message with Firefox!

Hi there, I just created a store and I keep getting this error message popup when I preview it, or when I load the actual store page. Custom design or skin, still get the error. I'm using Firefox 3.0.11 - IE seems OK.

Please advise, my customers all use Firefox.
Thank you.

"
An error occurred on this page which may make it unusable.
If this occurs please refresh the page.
"

-----------------------

Hello Zazzler,

Thank you for contacting our support team!

The issues you are experiencing may be caused by a browser incompatibility, security setting, or the need to download the latest Flash Plug-in.

Please execute the following steps to ensure that your system is optimally configured speed for use with Zazzle.com:

1) Use up-to-date versions of Zazzle supported browsers: Internet Explorer 7 and Fire Fox.

a) PCs: Internet Explorer 7 & Firefox 3 (Using old versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer and can cause a variety of complications...and though IE8 is now a fully released version, users may experience compatibility problems until Zazzle has been updated to full compliance with IE's latest release)
i) IE7 (Free Download): Download details: Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP
ii) Firefox (Free Download): Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

b) Mac: Use the most recent version of Firefox. (Using Safari can cause a variety of complications.)
i) Firefox (Free Download): Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

2) Clear your private data, cache & cookies (within the browser application).

a) In IE 7:
i) From the “Tools” menu. Select “Internet Options.”
ii) In the General Tab/Browsing History section, click delete.
iii) Cache is removed by clicking delete files from the temporary internet files section.

b) In Firefox (PC or Mac):
i) From the “Tools” menu, select “Clear Private Data.”
ii) Check all, but the “saved passwords” and click on the “Clear Private Data Now” button.

3) Adjust security settings & pop-up blockers in your browser (or contact your systems administrator to do so).
a) Lower your security settings to “Medium” or “Default.”
b) Add Zazzle.com to the list of trusted sites.
c) Disable any pop-up blockers you have in place/Add Zazzle.com to the list of sites that can display Pop ups.
d) Disable any spam blockers.

4) Download the current Flash plug-in version.
a) Flash (Free Download): Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

5) Restart your computer. (A sluggish computer will cause problems accessing the website’s full functionality.)

Please feel free to write back if your problem persists and I would be happy to look into it further for you.

If you have any further questions or comments, we are available to assist you by email, or by phone.
For frequently asked questions, or to email us, please visit www.zazzle.com/support?CMPN=cs

-----------------------

Hi there,

I tried all this (and in doing so I have blown away lots of browser data that I needed!) but this is still a problem. I also tried with my other computer, and I get the same problem.
After searching the net it seems like it's a bug on your side. Please advise, I was planning to switch from Cafepress, but your interface is much clunkier and apparently broken. I can't risk my customers being scared away by your error messages.
Please advise.

-----------------------

Hello Zazzler

Thank you for your response to our system specifications inquiry. We have noted from your reply that you are using FireFox to access the site. By utilizing Internet Explorer 7 in its place, the problem you are encountering in FireFox may be alleviated. If you do not have the updated version of Internet Explorer 7, you can download it at Internet Explorer 8: Home page.

If you still experience this complication after executing these steps, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.

If you have any further questions or comments, we are available to assist you by email, or by phone.
For frequently asked questions, or to email us, please visit www.zazzle.com/support?CMPN=cs

-----------------------

Dear SupportTeamers,

Your proposed solution is unacceptable on a number of levels. Allow me to enumerate

1. "We have noted from your reply that you are using FireFox to access the site" - the clue was actually in the title and in my first email. Have you actually read it at all? By the way, it's "Firefox", not "FireFox".

2. "By utilizing Internet Explorer 7 in its place, the problem you are encountering in FireFox may be alleviated." Again, this is no news to me, read my email. However, I have a bigger problem with this, and that is that you are practically blaming the browser I choose to use (the latest version of an industry-standard product, used by one in four users in the world) for the incompetence of your Development and Quality Assurance teams.

3. Even so, what you suggest to do (change browser) would not help me solve my (i.e. your) biggest problem: I have no control over what browser my customers use.

I will not tarnish my brand with your buggy website, and will keep using your competitors instead. I will consider switching to Zazzle once this will be fixed. In the meantime I will alert other users at www.t-shirtforums.com.

Thank you and regards.

-----------------------

Hello Zazzler

Thanks for contacting our Support Team. We are sorry that you are continuing to experience difficulties with the Zazzle site. Can you please respond to this e-mail with the following information:

- Your computer type (PC, Mac)
- Your operating system (Windows 98, XP, Vista, Mac OSX)
- Your Internet browser (IE6, IE7, IE8, Fire Fox 2, Fire Fox 3)
- Your Internet connection (DIal-up vs. Broadband)
- A brief description of the error you are experiencing

- Additionally, please visit the following link and paste into your reply the information you see there (you will need to copy the information in sections if the "troubleshoot" page prevents you from copying all of the information at once):

http://www.zazzle.com/troubleshoot.html?CMPN=cs

Your responses will assist me a great deal in resolving your complication. I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by pooh; June 16th, 2009 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: more details: symptoms and solution

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2009 Sep 7, 2009 7:54:50 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The infamous "An error occurred on this page which may make it unusable. If this occurs please refresh the page." error

I get that same message myself, even though I'm using Safari.

As for switching to IE: first of all, even if I could I wouldn't want to; and second, they haven't made IE for Macs for at least five years now.

This is a discussion about The infamous "An error occurred on this page which may make it unusable. If this occurs please refresh the page." error that was posted in the Zazzle section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in