Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > Zazzle
Discuss the Zazzle service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" Zazzle sponsored forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future Zazzle members. Visit Zazzle.

Zazzle users somehow get to license logos?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rodney

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 21st, 2007 Dec 21, 2007 7:41:15 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Scott
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Zazzle users somehow get to license logos?

I was Christmas shopping for t-shirts for my teenagers and I'd type in "Zombie" at Google just as an example...

I see Alice Cooper, Harley Davidson, KISS, etc all over Zazzle products. They're licensed? Here's an example of a zazzle that has "official" on it for Cooper t-shirts:

Alice Cooper Varsity Number T-shirt from Zazzle.com

Alice Cooper is getting a share?

KISS is a big one at zazzle, too. They aren't the usual joe blow t-shirt designers then, right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2007 Dec 21, 2007 1:05:50 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,023 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Zazzle users somehow get to license logos?

In this case, yes, it appears as though Zazzle has an official store for Alice Cooper products.

Some of the print on demand places do have "official" clients. For example, CafePress has Star Trek, Tupac, Dilbert, etc as "official" stores.

Here's a list of officially licensed images that Zazzle works with: Create and buy personalized products using images from Disney, Star Wars, Smiley Central, Family Guy, Neopets, and more!

That being said...

You will likely find trademark/copyright infringement examples all over the web.

Especially at print on demand places that allow instant uploading of graphics. Since the upload is "instant", it's almost impossible to check whether the user followed their terms of service by uploading graphics that they own the rights to.

In those cases, the graphics may show up on the site until someone lets them know that they are there. Sometimes that "someone" is the original copyright/trademark holder in the form of a cease and desist (or lawsuit).

However, like the above examples, there are "official" stores on many of the Print on Demand places with officially licensed images.
historygear likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
IYFGraphics (August 30th, 2010)
Old December 24th, 2007 Dec 24, 2007 12:40:45 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Scott

You are a sieve of knowledge sir Rodney

Old July 29th, 2008 Jul 29, 2008 1:03:31 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ron

Zazzle is putting a major push on being the source for Music acts "official" mdse. hubs.

Old August 30th, 2010 Aug 30, 2010 6:59:23 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi,

How do I get a licensed logo or how do I go about getting it approved etc. is it just a case of contacting the owner of the logo etc or is thier a website I can goto and buy licensed designs etc.

Many Thanks

Jimmy

Old August 30th, 2010 Aug 30, 2010 7:51:28 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,023 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James007
Hi,

How do I get a licensed logo or how do I go about getting it approved etc. is it just a case of contacting the owner of the logo etc or is thier a website I can goto and buy licensed designs etc.

Many Thanks

Jimmy
You either contact the owners legal department via their website (usually has contact info), or you can buy already printed t-shirts with officially licensed designs from companies like newworldsales.com

Old September 3rd, 2010 Sep 3, 2010 10:18:22 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Serge

Arrow Re: Zazzle users somehow get to license logos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk884
I was Christmas shopping for t-shirts for my teenagers and I'd type in "Zombie" at Google just as an example...

I see Alice Cooper, Harley Davidson, KISS, etc all over Zazzle products. They're licensed? Here's an example of a zazzle that has "official" on it for Cooper t-shirts:

Alice Cooper Varsity Number T-shirt from Zazzle.com

Alice Cooper is getting a share?

KISS is a big one at zazzle, too. They aren't the usual joe blow t-shirt designers then, right?
Just to add, Zazzle always errs on the side of caution, and they have quite a few lines of defense against infringement. Even in case if questionable designs manage to infiltrate their market place from time to time (mostly as single items, because incoming bulk uploads are being monitored) and even if they manage to remain dormant and undetected for awhile, they would never go into production if someone places an order for such design.

Before order goes into production, well-versed copyright and TM SWAT team would immediately ID and remove such designs from the marketplace. Violators would be notified and provided with the reason for removal, and such order would be cancelled, with full refund and apology note to the customer.

In addition, such designs are being constantly reported by fellow shopkeepers and customers alike, which also results in immediate removal. Last but not least, whenever bulk uploads are being used, there is filtering in place designed to catch suspicious designs by tags, names and descriptions. So, I’d say Zazzle is one of the more cautious PODs, (if not the most) when it comes to infringement issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Serge867 For This Useful Post:
wordfromthewisem (September 26th, 2010)
Old May 14th, 2011 May 14, 2011 9:00:39 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jason

I'm sure most personalities and bands have people handling business like this for them. It is their likeness after all

Old December 23rd, 2013 Dec 23, 2013 12:25:18 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Kasey

I am actually in a fight right now with zazzle over copyright, I made a shirt that says I heart Harry and it was pulled because it infringed on Harry Styles right of celebrity. I asked them if Harry Styles owned the copyright on the name Harry and they got all pissy about it that I was infringing on Harry Styles and 1 Dimension turns out the item was banned because I used the band members first names in the meta description... I mean really baning on non-infringing design that I spent a freakin hour aligning on products because of a keyword I used for the search, why not just tell me to change the tags (

Old January 7th, 2014 Jan 7, 2014 5:37:51 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bridget

I just settled a cease and desist with Zazzle because they were using my trademarked name as a search tag and a line of products. They were quite prompt at removing the offending items, verbage.

This is a discussion about Zazzle users somehow get to license logos? that was posted in the Zazzle section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in