[ZAZZLE] Need Help - Clarification Printing on Dark Apparel .PNG - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > Zazzle
Discuss the Zazzle service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" Zazzle sponsored forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future Zazzle members. Visit Zazzle.

[ZAZZLE] Need Help - Clarification Printing on Dark Apparel .PNG

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 18th, 2012 May 18, 2012 7:50:33 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question Need Help - Clarification Printing on Dark Apparel .PNG

ok, I need help. I am new to zazzle and have read through zazzles guide lines and recommendations and I am confused from zazzles wording.

I used DrawPlus X4 vector drawing program to create all my designs.

I created the dimensions I want first in DrawPlus for a zazzle T-shirt. Then I create my design and I save copy of my design so I can always go back to it when needed.

Once I have saved my design I then Export my design as a .PNG with 32-bit depth with transparency and uncheck the anti-aliased (since the design is going on a dark shirt) and I change the DPI to 300 dpi (since once I export as a .PNG this will change my vector image to a raster image) and select export.

I then go to zazzle and upload my .PNG image to the zazzle T-Shirt so in this case a black T-shirt. The image looks good in the preview window but this is where I am having trouble understanding.

In the zazzle design tool under the Advanced Options do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent"? In my mind I say yes I would uncheck this box as my image has white in it and it's on a black T-Shirt.

Questions:

1. In the zazzle design tool under Advanced Options does the option "show whites in image as transparent" for dark apparel still apply since my design is created in a vector program and exported as a .PNG I am thinking yes this would apply?

2. I want the white to show on dark apparel so do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent" for dark apparel so that the white will show up?

3. Do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent" for light apparel or does this option not matter on light apparel?

clearink8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2012 May 18, 2012 9:20:00 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Need Help - Clarification Printing on Dark Apparel .PNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearInk8
ok, I need help. I am new to zazzle and have read through zazzles guide lines and recommendations and I am confused from zazzles wording.

I used DrawPlus X4 vector drawing program to create all my designs.

I created the dimensions I want first in DrawPlus for a zazzle T-shirt. Then I create my design and I save copy of my design so I can always go back to it when needed.

Once I have saved my design I then Export my design as a .PNG with 32-bit depth with transparency and uncheck the anti-aliased (since the design is going on a dark shirt) and I change the DPI to 300 dpi (since once I export as a .PNG this will change my vector image to a raster image) and select export.

I then go to zazzle and upload my .PNG image to the zazzle T-Shirt so in this case a black T-shirt. The image looks good in the preview window but this is where I am having trouble understanding.

In the zazzle design tool under the Advanced Options do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent"? In my mind I say yes I would uncheck this box as my image has white in it and it's on a black T-Shirt.

Questions:

1. In the zazzle design tool under Advanced Options does the option "show whites in image as transparent" for dark apparel still apply since my design is created in a vector program and exported as a .PNG I am thinking yes this would apply?

2. I want the white to show on dark apparel so do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent" for dark apparel so that the white will show up?

3. Do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent" for light apparel or does this option not matter on light apparel?

clearink8
ok as I am researching this I just read that The setting "show white as transparent" only works for
(a) jpg files or
(b) png files that have no transparency

so I am assuming that the png files with transparency that setting option does not apply? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

clearink8

Old June 26th, 2012 Jun 26, 2012 7:05:29 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: eric

I have been using Zazzle for a long time, and I have never been able to use a png file without getting the background. When you remove the white of the background the white in the design disappears along with the background. I tried messing with the options in the export window in my Corel Suite 12 to no avail. I switched to exporting my files in a tif format with "no background" and that has worked for me. Give that a shot if you can. On your Zazzle images page the image will have a light checkered background meaning that the background is transparent. Then you can put your design on whatever color you like in the dark shirts. Your design on the lighter colors won't show well at all except on white and ash gray. Feel free to check zazzle.com/frostbit, that's me, and I think you will see that tif looks pretty good.

Old July 1st, 2012 Jul 1, 2012 8:40:51 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks eric55 for replying. I appreciate it. Your information is helpful. I will give it a try.

Thanks,
ClearInk8

This is a discussion about Need Help - Clarification Printing on Dark Apparel .PNG that was posted in the Zazzle section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in