Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > Zazzle
Discuss the Zazzle service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" Zazzle sponsored forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future Zazzle members. Visit Zazzle.

Dull colors on Zazzle's White T-shirts

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 16th, 2011 Feb 16, 2011 4:54:09 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: JOHN
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Dull colors on Zazzle's White T-shirts

Hi,

The good news is that in a little over two months I was able to go from cartoon-type sketches to actual t-shirts by using Zazzle. I wanted to send some to Maui for my brother to sell in his store and then to arrive myself in time to see how well they were doing. Very quick response time from Zazzle. The dark tees, which are made by a different factory than the one doing the whites, turned out very nicely, just like the images on Zazzle's webpage. But the images on white were much larger, smallest being 12.5" by 12.5," and the colors much duller. Basically, they had the look that they'd been worn and washed a few times.

I guess I'm wondering if I made some sort of newbie mistake. Zazzle is very clear about their white shirts having large prints, somewhere around 10" by 14" (I'm guessing), but nothing was said about the faintness of the coloring. And then there's the success of the images on the dark shirts. Using a different process, I'm sure.

So, sorry to be so windy. It's my first message.
Grateful for any input.

jj tobin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2011 Feb 17, 2011 2:18:51 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mabuzi
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Dull colors on Zazzle's White T-shirts

DTG on white shirts is less vibrant on the darks due to white underbase, the rip settings and the chemical reaction of the ink.

Up the saturation in your desings and do it in RGB.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mabuzi For This Useful Post:
jjtobin (February 17th, 2011)
Old February 17th, 2011 Feb 17, 2011 3:11:16 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuzi
DTG on white shirts is less vibrant on the darks due to white underbase, the rip settings and the chemical reaction of the ink.

Up the saturation in your desings and do it in RGB.
Thanks, Mabuzi. But the effect I was talking about was just the opposite: vibrant and sharp on dark shirts, but dull on white ones. But I think you've pinpointed that the problem may have to do with the printing process used by the factory doing the white shirts vs. the one doing dark shirts. I like that since it tends to make it somebody else's fault.
jj tobin

Old February 17th, 2011 Feb 17, 2011 3:41:34 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mabuzi
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Sorry it was supposed to read: DTG on white shirts is less vibrant than on the darks due to white underbase, the rip settings and the chemical reaction of the ink.

Old February 17th, 2011 Feb 17, 2011 7:22:08 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks again. I may bring your explanation up when I contact Zazzle, depending on what they have to say.
jj tobin

This is a discussion about Dull colors on Zazzle's White T-shirts that was posted in the Zazzle section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in