Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > Zazzle
Discuss the Zazzle service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" Zazzle sponsored forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future Zazzle members. Visit Zazzle.

[ZAZZLE] anyone making $50-200 per month?

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 3rd, 2010 Aug 3, 2010 4:30:34 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default anyone making $50-200 per month?

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to investigate and understand how I can get started in the tshirt business as a side job or hobby.

After a lot of searching on the site, it seems like it would be better for me to get started using services like zazzle so that I don't have to commit a large money investment.

But I can't grasp how effective zazzle is for people starting up. Is there anyone that is making $50-200 per month selling on zazzle that would kindly share their profile? I just want to get a sense of what/and how much I should be looking to build before expecting a small amount of money back.

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2010 Aug 3, 2010 6:16:32 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: anyone making $50-200 per month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmikey
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to investigate and understand how I can get started in the tshirt business as a side job or hobby.

After a lot of searching on the site, it seems like it would be better for me to get started using services like zazzle so that I don't have to commit a large money investment.

But I can't grasp how effective zazzle is for people starting up. Is there anyone that is making $50-200 per month selling on zazzle that would kindly share their profile? I just want to get a sense of what/and how much I should be looking to build before expecting a small amount of money back.

Thanks for any help!
Zazzle sucks dude, they don't care how your stuff looks on screen compared to the final product. So if you don't know anything about graphics and you give them a low res jpg, they will in turn take your jpg, blow it up to fit your garment and print it as is, looking like s***. 90% of there work is DTG and not true screen printing, i would not recommend them for what you want to do unless you just want to make a bunch of pissed off customers.

Also they cost way to much, you will not make any profit, at least nothing to write home about.

Find a local screen printer and support your community in this economic down time or even find a real screen printer online to help you.
Good Luck!!

Old August 3rd, 2010 Aug 3, 2010 11:44:50 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Not via Zazzle, but I've made that and more from CafePress.

Looking at someone else's profile wouldn't help you much though, as the thing that matters the most is how well you can advertise and market the designs you have. I would say it matters even more than how good the designs are.

Quote:
Zazzle sucks dude, they don't care how your stuff looks on screen compared to the final product.
I don't think that's true at all. Most print on demand places (including Zazzle) have high quality standards that they maintain. No business wants to put out a bad product that is just going to get returned (they have a 30 day return policy)

Quote:
90% of there work is DTG and not true screen printing
Just because they don't use screen printing doesn't mean that the quality isn't there.

They are offering a print on demand service (which screen printing can't offer) and it is great for those that don't want to make the investment in getting a bunch of t-shirts printed up that may or may not sell.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
Serge867 (August 5th, 2010)

Old August 5th, 2010 Aug 5, 2010 12:09:27 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Serge

Arrow Re: anyone making $50-200 per month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmikey
Hi everyone!

Thanks for any help!
Absolutely agree with what Rodney had to say. Just to add, I personally do make that and more at Zazzle, but it takes considerable amount of work. This is not a “get rich quick” kind of business, but if you like what you do, have some good ideas, have ability to promote your stuff and are ready for a long haul, Zazzle might be for you. As a side note, Zazzle treats their artists way better than CP does. I know this for a fact from personal experience. Best of luck!

Old August 5th, 2010 Aug 5, 2010 1:28:19 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge867
This is not a “get rich quick” kind of business, but if you like what you do, have some good ideas, have ability to promote your stuff and are ready for a long haul, Zazzle might be for you.
I agree. The biggest consideration with Zazzle, CafePress, or any other similar sites, is that they will take a large cut of everything you make. You need to mark up your prices pretty high to make anything at all.

I'd compare the trade off between a service like these and just selling from a personal site to a mall store vs. a free standing store. The mall guarantees foot traffic, but likely charges you higher rent to be there. The freestanding store needs to be built up with a high amount of advertising and promotion, but you get more freedom and a bigger piece of the pie.
jleampark likes this.

Old August 5th, 2010 Aug 5, 2010 2:14:21 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Deion

To earn a reasonably good amount of money with zazzle, you will have to put a considerable amount of effort in. You will need to make your store look appealing to customers, have lots of selection in your store, and you will also need to promote your products too.

The golden rule to zazzle is to just keep on creating high quality products with a good title, description and tags. Oh yeah, a nice SEO tip that I found out is to make sure that you repeat your title in your description and tags, and also to describe your product as others would see it.

To promote my store I try to get as much backlinks as I can by leaving my link in forums and on blogs. I also use squidoo to market my zazzle products.

Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to FormulaDesigns For This Useful Post:
TWELVEANDTWO (October 2nd, 2015)
Old August 5th, 2010 Aug 5, 2010 2:30:31 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Chris

I have a Zazzle store myself (zazzle.com/pbclothing). I actually forgot about it. It's been a few months since I've been there. I bought two of my own products just to see how they look. I got a white tee and a black tee to see how the design comes up on both.

If you know how to set up the proper file in the right resolution (I usually over-size it just to be safe) the print quality actually isn't bad. For dark colors (like black) it's not so good. The design I got was my PBC Coat of Arms design which has a few shades of gray (dark, medium and light). After the first wash everything lightened so much that even the dark gray was very light. Which made me very unhappy because it was intended to be like a shadow in the background but after washing it once those dark parts of the design stood out way too much.

I'd say if you want to do it just for fun go for it but don't expect to make any serious profit from them. They take their huge cut before you get their loose change. I usually don't mark up any of my items on there just because I can't justify charging someone $20+ for that quality product where the print will fade that much after the first wash. The last time I forgot about my Zazzle store I logged in to see that I had actually made several sales. Probably about 15 products. I was excited even though my cut was only about $34. It filled my tank, but I wouldn't expect much more from their service.

Old August 5th, 2010 Aug 5, 2010 2:44:55 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for all these inputs on my question. "Getting rich" isn't my priority here, and that's why I was asking about low profit. I'm more of a business guy and just think it would be freak'in awesome to say that I got a production line together to throw down some nice T's for people.

Thanks so much everyone

Old May 25th, 2011 May 25, 2011 9:28:14 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Promoting the products should be your main concern, whether it is online or offline. You should setup a website to showcase your designs and hand out business cards offline to people who may be interested in your shirt niche. Good luck to ya!

Old August 10th, 2011 Aug 10, 2011 8:55:41 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Tom

I know folks who make their living on Zazzle or CafePress or both. They earn anywhere in the neighborhood of $900 a month and some earn up to $3K a month. It wasn't done overnight but it can be done. The market is there, it's just a matter of you claiming your portion of it.

Funny Graphic Shirts

Unique Graphic Shirts

Old August 10th, 2011 Aug 10, 2011 9:25:24 AM -   #11 (permalink)
GN
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Robert
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Check out Tshirt riches on facebook and youtube... he has a pretty good explanation of how to start a Tshirt business on a limited budget.

The Following User Says Thank You to GN For This Useful Post:
TripleSevensCC (August 10th, 2011)
Old February 24th, 2012 Feb 24, 2012 7:31:19 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Best way is to design and market your own webpage and submit to search engines so people can find you when the do a search.
You could use Google Ad words for promotions too.

Old July 5th, 2012 Jul 5, 2012 10:24:42 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Gale

Zazzle was the second place I tried (the first was CafePress). While it took nearly a year to make my first sale at CafePress, I sold something almost immediately at Zazzle. That was about 6 years ago. I still don't make a huge amount: $10 - 30 most months, and around $200 - $300 during the holidays (November/December).

Last edited by scribbleprints; July 5th, 2012 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old October 2nd, 2015 Oct 2, 2015 4:11:33 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: DON

Been With Zazzle For Over 10 Years....
Was GREAT The First 5-6 Years.. They Claimed To NEVER Become Like The Other Design Sites.. Café Press, Etc...
They Had A GREAT Bonus Plan, Customizable Shops, And Advertising For Your Shop & Stuff Was EASY, WORTH THE TIME..
In The First 5-6 Years I Made Over 12 Thousand Dollars Just By Putting In A Few Hours Per Week.... There Were People EASILY Earning A Living There.... "THEN" Once Zazzle "SOLD OUT" To The Likes Of MARVEL, DISNEY, ETC. They DESTROYED The ZAZZLE PARADISE... Lucky To make The 50 Dollars A Month... More Like 25.00 Now... Haven't Seen A Bonus in 4-5 Years... They DESTROYED The Customized Shop Option, Bonus Program, All The Links And Advertising People Built Up On The Web From The Time They Opened To 2011...... Recently The Started CHARGING For PAYMENT PROCESSING.... They've Become The TWIN Of CAFE PRESS..... Only (NOT YET) Zazzle Doesn't CHARGE For Shops... GREED IS AN UGLY THING.... There Are MANY T-SHIRT OPTIONS Out There That You Can use That Are CHEAPER, EASIER TO SELL ETC.. They Make You Make A Certain Amount Of T's, ONCE You Reach That Sales Level, They Will SHIP And You'll be Paid Your Cut... Look Them Up... ZAZZLE SUCKS!

Old October 5th, 2015 Oct 5, 2015 11:37:53 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Baskii

Not as easy as their campaign

This is a discussion about anyone making $50-200 per month? that was posted in the Zazzle section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in