How can I get a vibrant white discharge print on black hoodies? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Water Based Ink Screen Printing
Discuss water base and discharge screen printing inks and curing methods. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

How can I get a vibrant white discharge print on black hoodies?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago May 22, 2020 9:19:24 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default How can I get a vibrant white discharge print on black hoodies?

When I print white discharge ink on a 10oz heavyweight black 70% cotton, 30% poly blend hoodie, the quality is very low. It prints fine and looks very bright, problems occur when I stretch or scratch it. It cracks immediately and flakes and peels right off, I notice that it is not setting and absorbing in the hoodie like the red discharge is that Ive used. Why is this? Ive tried everything I can think of. I have no off contact, I use a high durometer squeegee, Ive even added water to the white to see if the hoodie will absorb it more. But still it just sits on top of the garment? Im using ecotex discharge white and ecotex discharge agent from screenprintdirect. This is the only issue I have and has cost me a bunch of money and weeks of time wasted. I cannot fix this problem. I dont wanna use plastisol because im working at home and its too hard to work with using the equipment I have. I also do not like the feel of plastisol at all. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago May 23, 2020 11:41:43 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: andrew

Default Re: How can I get a vibrant white discharge print on black hoodies?

you should switch to the hanes ultimate cotton for discharge printing it is 90/10 and cotton topped you will have much better results

Old 1 Week Ago May 23, 2020 11:50:56 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks for your quick response. I have tried the hanes ultimate and they are just too expensive for me to be buying in bulk. Im using independent trading co and they are much cheaper and way better quality in my opinion. They are also cotton topped. All the other discharge inks I have used worked perfectly, except the white.

Old 1 Week Ago May 23, 2020 12:00:19 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: andrew

I was trying to use independent sweatshirts over the hanes and they were not as consistent than the Hanes. The hanes is perfect every time and the independent issues with the discharge in small areas every so often that I found myself having several in a run that wouldn't pass.

This is a discussion about How can I get a vibrant white discharge print on black hoodies? that was posted in the Water Based Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in