Permaset supercover colour change issues - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Water Based Ink Screen Printing
Discuss water base and discharge screen printing inks and curing methods. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Permaset supercover colour change issues

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 1st, 2018 Dec 1, 2018 7:10:57 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Sarah
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Permaset supercover colour change issues

Hi all,

I am having an issue when printing a certain mixed colour with permaset supercover. The colour is a bone white/yellow white/cream. I mix it with supercover white, yellow and black. When I cure the ink, it goes a really nasty yellowish colour. I am not curing it above the recommended 160 degrees. It seems to be ok if I keep it at below 120 degrees. It is happening on all substrates, and it is worst on hoodies. Any advice and insight would be very appreciated; I've just botched my last job with this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2018 Dec 1, 2018 1:30:40 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Permaset supercover colour change issues

Hmmm, not sure.

I've printed with the pure yellow, but not tried to make a pale cream mix as you describe. I have mixed other colors to get bubblegum pink, various browns/tans, orange, gray, etc. It always looks a bit different while wet, as does paint and all else, so I'd adjust your mix until it looks right cured.

Why the black? I would not guess that as a component ... it's basically adding yellow to a light gray. I would think starting with a touch of brown (green + red) would be the way to get started on an off white, cream. I wouldn't use PhotoShop as inspiration for mixing real world pigments, as unlike in PhotoShop, black pigments are not simply the lack of other colors, but the presence of all, and no pigment black is absolutely neutral.

This is a discussion about Permaset supercover colour change issues that was posted in the Water Based Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in