New to waterbase - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Water Based Ink Screen Printing
Discuss water base and discharge screen printing inks and curing methods. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

New to waterbase

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 13th, 2018 May 13, 2018 5:38:54 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Markus
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default New to waterbase

Howdy guys...I got some gamma block to do some safety yellow tees, I lowered my off contact but had terrible results using a 156 screen.

The waterbase is soooo watery lol I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Thought I followed the tutorials correctly.

The ink seemed to watery, had a hard time controlling it, kept the screen flooded....just never got a good stroke , it was a mess hahaha

And I also learned all emulsion is not created equal lol...did not know it's a different emulsion for waterbase 🙄

Thank you
Markus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2018 May 13, 2018 12:24:09 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Kiri

Default Re: New to waterbase

Welcome to the wonderful world of water base printing. I've been using water base from the beginning and found there are some emulsions that work with both.

There could be a number of reasons you're not getting a good coating. It could be, you're not using enough pressure with the squeegee when you print. I too have had a problem like this but it's only with 1 screen for my shirt line. I've actually started printing from the side for this shirt and it's allowed me to get a good print. All my other screens I don't have that problem just the 1. I also push my squeegee instead of pull, I've found I have better control of the squeegee and pressure that way. Don't be afraid to try other ways of doing things, you may be surprised when they work for you.

I hope this helps you.

Old May 13th, 2018 May 13, 2018 4:34:53 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

If you have some tester shirts laying around you could practice pushing smaller amounts of ink through. Just lessen the amount you grab and push with the squeegee. Good luck.

Old July 26th, 2018 Jul 26, 2018 11:43:33 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Alan

Oh man! Safety Yellow tees are brutal to print without some kind of dye migration. I wouldn't even bother printing waterbase on them, it's too thin. basically every color except black needs to be underlayed on safety yellow or else the ink will color shift thru the dryer.

This is a discussion about New to waterbase that was posted in the Water Based Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in