Water based ink - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Water Based Ink Screen Printing
Discuss water base and discharge screen printing inks and curing methods. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Water based ink

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jgabby

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 17th, 2016 Apr 17, 2016 10:01:35 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Aaron
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Water based ink

Just started screen printing with water based inks and was wondering if you could dilute water based inks with water or if there is some sort of diluter needed? Anything helps! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2016 Apr 17, 2016 10:51:09 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: jgabby
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default Re: Water based ink

Read technical data from your ink manufacturer.

There is different water based brand, some do not allow any water.
williekid likes this.

Old April 18th, 2016 Apr 18, 2016 1:24:25 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

What kind of ink do you use ?

Old April 18th, 2016 Apr 18, 2016 6:26:59 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Aaron

mostley just Speedball, Ryonet green Galaxy and Blick since I'm just starting off

Old April 18th, 2016 Apr 18, 2016 8:01:06 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Green Galaxy is pretty good. I use it and Permaset.

Yes, you can add some water to GG. However, there are limits, so do this in a separate container with a bit of ink rather than to your whole bucket!

Are you trying to reduce the intensity of the color? If so, you are probably better served by buying their ink base, which is basically ink with no color in it, and using that to obtain the level of color dilution you desire. GG has two bases, a translucent and an opaque. Their regular colors have 20 or 30% opaque base, the rest is translucent. The Comet White has a different ratio, a lot more opaque base (all opaque?, don't know).

You can get the bases from, Ryonet.

Old April 19th, 2016 Apr 19, 2016 2:13:25 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

As mentioned above, you don't want to use water as you will thin out the product ratios.
What you want is to get some extender base (aka; base, clear,) which is waterbase without the pigment ink. Then you can cut the strength without harming the chemical ratios.

I suggest getting it from the same manufacturer you are already using.

Best of luck,

This is a discussion about Water based ink that was posted in the Water Based Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in