Walkthrought with Matsui Discharge inks, clear 301, binder dspf, and discharge white - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Water Based Ink Screen Printing
Discuss water base and discharge screen printing inks and curing methods. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Walkthrought with Matsui Discharge inks, clear 301, binder dspf, and discharge white

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 5th, 2013 Apr 5, 2013 11:46:32 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Walkthrought with Matsui Discharge inks, clear 301, binder dspf, and discharge white

Hi dudes, i will post my experience with discharge matsui inks, so i hope this helps to another members who wants to know the methods, of printing with this inks.

*I'm from Mexico, so some words or explanations will sound a little bit weird because i'm not so good with english

I work on my workshop mostly at night, here the climate is dry
but not too hot, at night there is maybe 22-18 °C

I have no machines for ventilation, only the two windows and
door are open

I did short runs, 15 tees for every model

I have no money or space to afford a heat dryer, i only have
one flash dryer :P

Doing the color you want is a pain in the ***, took me around half hour to do a good brown chocolate tone, in light colors the color you do tender to be a lot times ligher than you think, in the bottle, brown and dark colors looks so dark but over the garment looks so light, after 5 garments and adding black and blue, i reach the darker brown that i wanted. one tip is doing test in the garment you want to print, not like me :P i waste time and i did 5 t shirts with colors completly different to each other

All the t-shirts are heavy weight 200 g/m yazbek national brand, the equivalent is gildan 5000 5.3 oz, i have to say, yazbek is less rough to touch than gilda, just a little bit, and the colors are brighter as well just a little bit.

I'm telling you all the details because you have in mind.

FIRST TEST ON DARK GARMENT WITH DSPF
.................................................. ................................

-I use matsui discharge binder DSPF

- Soft liquidness (or whatever word to describe thinness or thickness) *

- Goes well in production, take a time to begin to dry over the mesh *

- Adding 10% of activator in base of total weight of binder *

-Two passes on a mesh account 77 lines per cm (please convert to inches, i'm lazy doing this) *

-Curing with heatgun inmediately after the passes *

-You can see the garment absorbs the discharge binder, and the threads are decolored very well. *

-No touch feel *

-Color is natural cotton, so is not 100% white

2d TEST WITH DSPF + PIGMENT
-----------------------------------------------------------------

* SAME AS EXAMPLE ONE

-Gives me a light bright red, i like it

TEST WITH DISCHARGE WHITE

- Adding 10% of activator in base of total weight of binder

-Two passes on a mesh account 77 lines per cm

-Very thick i had too much troubles with discharge white

-Begins to dry after 3 t-shirts done

-Did not penetrate well on garment

-Dry with heat gun inmediately after the passes

TEST WITH DISCHARGE WHITE + PIGMENT (RED)

Description same as white plus:

This one, one pass, cured inmediately, looks dirty

This, 3 passes, cured after 2 hours.

The Following User Says Thank You to uliari For This Useful Post:
amdivoff (November 30th, 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2013 Apr 6, 2013 12:16:56 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Walkthrought with Matsui Discharge inks, clear 301, binder dspf, and discharge white

EXAMPLES OF MY WORK

5 parts of DSPF 1 part of DW, light yellow pigment and blue (both matsui, the regular ones, not the concentrate)
Bright but even with 1 part of DW that thickness is not helpfull to garment absorbs well the ink, and had a soft feel a little bit rough.

DW without DSPF, very very thick, mesh 62 lines per cm, even with an open mesh, take a lot of work set the ink in the garment, after 2 t shirts this ink begins to dry, the result, a messy print, very thick and rough to touch, seems more like plastisol than waterbased ink

------------------------------------------------------------

5-1 mix, bright colors, 2 passes without dryng between, the ink penetrates well on fibers but because the 1 part of DW feels a little touch, i think after washig this will be gone, the curing was 3 minutes under flash dryer 300 °C and 1 day after printed, so it dried a little all night.

What i think about this first test?:

-I notice that even when i left the ink dry over the garment and curing hours and 1 day after, the discharge works fine, even the color is brigher, curing with flash dryer with no air flow

-After 2 days, discharge works 85%, curing with flash dryer

-One answer about the troubles with thickness of DW was adding 5 parts of DSPF and one of DW, even doing this, you only get some minutes extra after the ink beggins to dry, another tip is adding water, but i didn't tried yet,

I have to buy PRINGEN (additive for making ink more "workable" giving better time fresh on the mesh),to resolve this trouble, i hope so, i will do the test tomorrow.

In high mesh, the ink is more difficult to print, but not imposible,

The DSPF binder smells like dry garlic and you have to use a mask with filter or work in a place with well air flow system.

the DW smells like ****. and rotten onions.

the curing process is slow if you dont have one of these professional dryers, but an electric flash will do the work, more slow but with excellent final quality

ALL the work was made with DW and the mix of 5 SDPF and 1 DW parts, i didn't work with pure 100% DSPF, i think troubles with drying are not exsist working with only DSPF

any question or suggest are wellcome

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uliari For This Useful Post:
abchung (November 27th, 2013), drscotty14 (November 26th, 2013), mike123456 (April 15th, 2013)
Old November 27th, 2013 Nov 27, 2013 12:12:17 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Default Re: Walkthrought with Matsui Discharge inks, clear 301, binder dspf, and discharge white

Great Post! i tried DW and added a little water to it. worked better but it dried pretty fast though but i was experimenting and curing in between prints. after cure and wash, when i stretch it, i can see black likes through the print. how can i print it deeper into garmet?

This is a discussion about Walkthrought with Matsui Discharge inks, clear 301, binder dspf, and discharge white that was posted in the Water Based Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in