Help needed ryonet white discharge - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Water Based Ink Screen Printing
Discuss water base and discharge screen printing inks and curing methods. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Help needed ryonet white discharge

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 30th, 2011 Dec 30, 2011 8:56:50 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help needed ryonet white discharge

When using waterbased and discharge use on contact printing. Best way to get great results. Picked it up from Dan k. Gonna be making the jump to discharge white soon.. not getting the results I'd like with water based white.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 31st, 2011 Dec 31, 2011 5:57:21 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Tony
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Help needed ryonet white discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryppg
Yes you must use extra pressure when printing discharge. You really want to drive the ink thru the shirt. I have not had the need for any additional flashing just a long cure thru the dryer. The white discharge has a slight hand to it even after washing but not much at all.

The water is necessary to for the discharge, I dont see how it would be advantageous to let some water evaporate. Dan K is the expert so lets see if he chimes in here.
He is right your problem is that you are laying down to much ink, and you are not driving the ink INTO the shirt, you DO NOT want it to sit on top like plasitsol, it needs to be in the fibers of the shirt. I would also recommend getting a heat gun, it works far better then a flash on discharge. The minimum mesh you want to use with any water based is 156. On contact is also highly recommended, as it aids in the whole process.

Old December 31st, 2011 Dec 31, 2011 6:53:21 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Phil
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I would agree with driving it into the shirt , on contact and 156 mesh .. If you are going to use the flash you should raise it up so you can bring it up to tamp slowly and keep it there 2-3 minutes minimum. My conveyor is not forced air so I have it set for 2 minutes in the tunnel and I run them through twice.. Not very productive but it gets the job done

This is a discussion about Help needed ryonet white discharge that was posted in the Water Based Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in