Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Need to Register?

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

Cad-Cut Direct Help Forums

PLEASE NOTE: The CAD-CUT Direct Support Forums are hosted by T-ShirtForums.com.

In order to post a question here, you will need to fill out the quick T-ShirtForums.com Registration form here to get new login details that you'll use to access the forum.

This will be separate from any login information you have for Stahls'. After you login to T-ShirtForums.com, this notice will automagically disappear :)

+   T-Shirt Forums > Vendors > CAD-CUT Direct Help Forums > Vinyl Cutters, Printer/Cutters & Heat Presses being used with CAD-CUT Direct materials.
Discuss the various vinyl cutters, printer/cutters & heat presses being used with CAD-CUT Direct materials.

Roland BN-20 To buy or not to buy....

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 23rd, 2012 Aug 23, 2012 2:22:43 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Red face Roland BN-20 To buy or not to buy....

Hello ! I have been reading reviews both good and bad for the Roland BN 20. I am looking to add printed transfers, stickers, decals etc to my current embroidery business. Embroidery is my main business -I have 5 embroidery heads, a mimaki CG-60ST cutter and Stahls heat press. I currently source out any stickers, printed decals and transfers.

Looking for recomendations as to what to go for, thought I had it figured out and liked the BN-20 but not so sure now.

I would like to stay under $20,000 CDN (inlcuding start up ink, media). I have ample space, don't think I would want to go bigger than 54"max. I am located in Alberta.

Would like to hear your feedback from equipment, training and service !

Any input/advice as to what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shannon

Old August 23rd, 2012 Aug 23, 2012 5:50:54 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: Roland BN-20 To buy or not to buy....

I am thinking the same as you. Looking to expaned with a digital print cut machine but not sure to buy a new BN20 or go used in a larger size. All Graphics Supplies has some used machines for prety much the same price but a bit larger. I like the BN20 for not taking up to much space but also love the idea of the next size up to do more banners ect.
Its not an easy choice to make.

Old August 23rd, 2012 Aug 23, 2012 6:02:10 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Josh Tolbert

The BN is slllllloooooww.. Don't expect to crank out a lot.

be awthentik.

Old August 27th, 2012 Aug 27, 2012 5:04:56 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Steven
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

the BN20 has several different speeds - you need to update Versaworks to get the new print modes. Here is a video showing how they speed things up.

I will agree though, it is very slow compared to other larger (more expensive) printers on the market.

Old January 6th, 2013 Jan 6, 2013 7:31:32 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

My grand daughter plays soft ball if i wanted to print round robin tshirts for this event does any one know what the cost would be they are about 10 by 10 front an back using a roland bn20

Old February 18th, 2013 Feb 18, 2013 6:07:19 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Kellie

The Roland BN20 can be took to ball parks and carnival events. I took mine to several and done shirts and decals on the spot. Thats what I like about it.

Old February 18th, 2013 Feb 18, 2013 6:09:17 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Smile Re: Roland BN-20 To buy or not to buy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESSIE
My grand daughter plays soft ball if i wanted to print round robin tshirts for this event does any one know what the cost would be they are about 10 by 10 front an back using a roland bn20
I took my Roland BN20 to ball parks and several events and made shirts and decals on the spot.

Old September 3rd, 2013 Sep 3, 2013 9:56:22 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie Smtih
I took my Roland BN20 to ball parks and several events and made shirts and decals on the spot.

Kellie,

I know it has been several months. Do you still have the bn-20. I am in the ATL area.

Old November 16th, 2013 Nov 16, 2013 5:15:51 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie Smtih
I have a Roland BN-20 for sale. I'm located in Georgia. Selling because of family issues. Love this machine I do alot of school T shirts. I think is is great for a small business.
What transfer media did you use that worked best for you? Im still looking haven't been satisfied with what Ive used so far.

Visit www.kreativitees.com and www.getkdm.com

Old November 19th, 2013 Nov 19, 2013 9:18:07 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I use the PU Stretch from JSI located in Atlanta. I like the stretch because it does not feel like a sticker on a shirt. Not to bad to weed. But you need to pull it fast.

Old February 8th, 2014 Feb 8, 2014 3:12:27 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Any new BN 20 users out there (within 2013 ?). I am still wanting to purchase a printer cutter like the price point...still trying to weigh the pros vs cons in comparison to a bigger model. I am located in Western Canada so would love to hear from everyone.

If there are some fellow Canadians who have purchased a machine, supplies, consumables who can offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

Old February 8th, 2014 Feb 8, 2014 6:38:18 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ross

I have used a bn20 for the past year. It is a little slow but print quality is great.

Old February 10th, 2014 Feb 10, 2014 6:18:11 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancrft
Any new BN 20 users out there (within 2013 ?). I am still wanting to purchase a printer cutter like the price point...still trying to weigh the pros vs cons in comparison to a bigger model. I am located in Western Canada so would love to hear from everyone.

If there are some fellow Canadians who have purchased a machine, supplies, consumables who can offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS
I own two bn 20s. Haha. Ppl ask why didnt i just buy one vp. Thats because with two bn20 i can do multiple oneoffs no problem and fast! I can do two different medias printing all at the same time.

If you use very thin PU materials than it will have no different feel compared to screenprinted products.

I use siser, the durability is awesome. You dont need to worry about not pretreating your garment correctly because printing dark garments are just easy as white garments. I own a dtg myself.. so i know the pain of achieving good results on dark garments.

The printer is very easy maintain..it prints 1000 consistently easy.

Sent from my LG-D802 using T-Shirt Forums

The Following User Says Thank You to woohooguy For This Useful Post:
DCest1978 (July 10th, 2015)
Old July 7th, 2014 Jul 7, 2014 10:02:55 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Louis

I am ready to sign lease on BN-20 should I ?

Old July 7th, 2014 Jul 7, 2014 11:07:13 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I was also considering the BN20, but after i looked more around i found Mimaki cjv30-60. It have a small price, small footprint (importent for me) same speed as the bigger ones and solvent ink. Its a real heat transfer machine.

Erik

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums app

This is a discussion about Roland BN-20 To buy or not to buy.... that was posted in the Vinyl Cutters, Printer/Cutters & Heat Presses being used with CAD-CUT Direct materials. section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in