Cutter not cutting evenly please help - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers

Vinyl Cutters and Transfers Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat pressed vinyl transfers. Popular and new types of vinyl media, suppliers, vinyl cutters /plotters, press times, quality, how to instructions and more can be found in this heat press sub forum.

Cutter not cutting evenly please help

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By pmzirkle
  • 2 Post By webtrekker
  • 1 Post By Mrspennine

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 4 Weeks Ago May 18, 2019 1:08:04 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question Cutter not cutting evenly please help

Hello, I'm a newbie with a small business who has recently bought a cheap vinyl cutter from Amazon...My needs are very basic, I just wish to add small vinyl logos to my product so I thought a basic cutter would be good enough.
However, after hours of testing and ploughing through lots of heat transfer vinyl, I can't get it cutting evenly.
To explain, - my logo is a 10cm diameter circle with a basic shape cut out of the centre, when I cut it one side of the circle cuts fine but the other does not. If I increase the pressure enough to cut the other side it cuts through the backing sheet on the more deeply cutting side. One side of the cutter does this worse than the other side.
Here is a link to a photo that should hopefully demonstrate what I'm explaining [url]https://photos.app.goo.gl/xMqvUWA2ccEymZ6D8[/url]

I have tried both 60-degree and 45-degree blades and am cutting at the slowest speed available. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have emailed the retailer to ask them the same question. TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago May 19, 2019 6:38:55 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Peter

Default Re: Cutter not cutting evenly please help

Call their tech support.
Return the cutter if you do not get help to fix the issue.
Sounds like a mechanical issue. Warranty should still be good.
Dekzion and Mrspennine like this.

The Following User Says Thank You to pmzirkle For This Useful Post:
Mrspennine (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago May 19, 2019 7:04:32 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Have a VERY close look at the end of your blade holder. Are there any fine fibres, etc that may be stopping the blade from rotating? Remove the blade, tap, or blow out the holder, and replace the blade. Also, at the same time, check that the blade tip isn't chipped or blunt with a high power magnifier.

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 24, 2019 12:56:03 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I think I have worked out what the problem is - from watching youtube videos of people using the US cutter which is virtually identical, I believe that the small white wheels in the linked image should be sat in the black metal track.
I would be very grateful if someone with more knowledge than I have could have a look at my photo and say if you agree, and if you know that this is something that I can rectify myself?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yYBLLRzjn94Ps9BK9

The retailer has said that that will take it back for a refund, but as this shipped from overseas I'd be happier if I could just get it working and get on with the cutting that I need to do.
TIA

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 24, 2019 2:25:27 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

That top of white guide wheel should be running in the channeled guide track. Can you move the whole head, is there any play on it? It should all feel pretty solid.

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 24, 2019 3:24:19 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

It was very floppy and not at all solid. I shared the same photo with the retailer and they advised that I lift the wheels back onto the track, which I have done. It is now solid and is cutting properly, thank goodness! Thank you for your help.
webtrekker likes this.

Old 3 Weeks Ago May 24, 2019 6:25:35 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Great stuff! Every day ........................ new problem!!! ;-)

This is a discussion about Cutter not cutting evenly please help that was posted in the Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in