Need help on what to purchase - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers

Vinyl Cutters and Transfers Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat pressed vinyl transfers. Popular and new types of vinyl media, suppliers, vinyl cutters /plotters, press times, quality, how to instructions and more can be found in this heat press sub forum.

Need help on what to purchase

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago May 14, 2019 7:15:55 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Karla
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Need help on what to purchase

I am wanting to purchase a printer that will print on heat transfer vinyl. I have found two printers that I’m interested in but can’t seem to finalize if they will work! One is a Roland pc60 the other is an Epson stylus pro 9800! Help a girl out!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago May 14, 2019 10:11:22 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Need help on what to purchase

Those won't work. The Roland PC60 looks like it is a super old thermal printer.

You generally need a solvent printer in order to print on HTV. That would be something like the Roland BN-20 or similar. The printers you are looking at make me think that is probably not what you are after.

The Epson 9800 could print sublimation inks that could be used with something like Forever Subli-flex. You would need something to contour cut the design too.

There are supposedly some of the desktop Epsons that could print solvent inks. I am not sure how successful they were, but you might search for desktop eco solvent Epson. I was uncertain about what printable vinyl comes in sheets so I didn't look too much at it.

Old 1 Week Ago May 14, 2019 11:02:03 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I didn't see the other post. I don't think of Jet-Pro soft stretch when I think about HTV, but that is probably what you actually want. The Workforce 7110 is a good choice for printer too.

They do make rolls of Jet-Pro soft stretch that would actually work in the 9800. They typically have the correct pigment inks. It could also print on sheets. I assume you already have access to it and I wouldn't say not to try it if you do. I wouldn't spend money on buying one. It could be a good printer for sublimation though.

Old 1 Week Ago May 15, 2019 8:05:58 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Thanked 1,218 Times in 990 Posts

That PC60 uses carts for the colors. I am not sure if there is shirt vinyl for that but you can do decals and banners with it. You will need to make sure you have the right substrates for it. It would be more versatile than a desktop printer though.

If you don't mind layering vinyl you can get something like a Roland cutter. That might be better for you in the long run.

This is a discussion about Need help on what to purchase that was posted in the Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in