Rolled SHEET vinyl jams! video inside! 1st in universe! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers

Vinyl Cutters and Transfers Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat pressed vinyl transfers. Popular and new types of vinyl media, suppliers, vinyl cutters /plotters, press times, quality, how to instructions and more can be found in this heat press sub forum.

Rolled SHEET vinyl jams! video inside! 1st in universe!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 26th, 2017 Aug 26, 2017 6:14:26 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Rolled SHEET vinyl jams! video inside! insanity

So I ordered some Siser htv in sheets.
Most came flat because I guess I only ordered 2 of each color...except the white. & the sheets of white came rolled up. Well guess what?? every sheet of white gets caught and jammed in my cutter! I tried to backroll to take some curve out, and it stays just enough to jam every single time.

I called Proworld after doing additional tests and experiments. They told me its" NEVER happened before" and I'm the first one in history to experience this problem. They seemed like I was trying to pull one over on them or something, SO I just took a video. They wanted to put me off onto the cutter manufacturer first...except I had run tests cutting oracal 651 andddd a FLAT SHEET of Siser HTV from the SAME order from PW & both cut perfect. So guess what? It's not the cutter! THAT's why people do experiments. To pinpoint the problem.

They said everyone gets vinyl in rolls...and I felt we were having a communication problem. This wasnt a roll of vinyl. It was SHEETS ROLLED. The vinyl was rolled so the curve is UP and not DOWN. UP creates much resistance to clear the little guide bars in my cutter...thus getting caught and jammed. The flat sheets pass the guide bar with zero issues. Their unwillingness to understand leads me to believe that maybe they haven't used a vinyl cutter before. At least the 2 women I talked to.

I was told to put on cutting mat...but GUESS WHAT...I did! It creases and bends horribly pulling it back up from the mat!! Yet any less tack, my 651 sheets will slide around. WHY can't I just cut the white sheets like every other sheet I get from them?? BECAUSE OF THE REVERSE CURVE.

I was told place BOOKS on my vinyl and WAIT for the curves to come out. Well that's cool because I really don't have time for my vinyl to read the Bible and repent before I need to get these shirts done.
Books placed on the last 2 sheets I have left out of 7 all night. What a joke. I lost the shirt job yesterday and probably the one I have to do on sunday. This weekend is a loss for me.

I then asked if you can press vinyl that has creases in the sheets. She said "I don't know. The crease is probably just on the carrier sheet anyway". YOU DON"T KNOW?? REALLY?? I wanted to salvage some of this creased from being jammed due to the curve vinyl.

I can't be the only person in the history of vinyl to ask if creased vinyl can be pressed and if the crease comes out in the pressing. I was irritated and decided to waste a shirt to see and guess what? The crease DOES carry to the shirt. The pressing will not fix it. Shouldn't they know that??

I offered to send a video..because it ONLY happens on those curved white sheets. I was told a video wasn't needed..but since I'm the only person in the galaxy to have this issue, I felt I had to waste another sheet and film a video of it happening. Such a wonderful day yesterday was.

THEY DID, offer to replace my 7 sheets of curved vinyl which is cool, even though my time to do those jobs will be over, but I didn't enjoy feeling like they thought I was trying to get free vinyl or making things up. I spent around $1500 total with them in 2 months. I know that's nothing in the world of business..but jeez...don't act like I'm a moron or lying when I've spent that much there.

Here is 1 of the videos of the cutting and jamming and show WHY. You see some catch ups due to the curve..but the real sheet show starts at 2:15.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW3fxkVdtIM

The curves are crazy. Sheet vinyl shouldn't be rolled...and if it is....don't roll it backwards!!!! Roll with the curve down!!!

All this being said, I won't lose faith in Proworld yet. They are a cool company and seem good on customer service at the end. I just need to not speak with the some of the phone drones that clearly don't know the too much about the products they sell.

However, It does feel nice to be told im the first person in the universe to have this problem & to tell them about it. Except...we all know that isn't true. Any reverse rolled material or something that won't clear the space under the blade guide bar will produce the same exact happening if caught up.
So instead of making shirts this weekend, I guess I'll just be practicing my ballroom dancing. I just need some ball room.

Thanks for reading and watching the video, and if you've had that problem before...how did you fix it without damaging the vinyl or waiting a week for it to read books and decided it's time to flaten out?

Last edited by Kreyn; August 26th, 2017 at 08:50 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 26th, 2017 Aug 26, 2017 6:36:20 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Amw
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Marsha & Tony
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Rolled SHEET vinyl jams! video inside! 1st in universe!

This would not be a issue with a professional plotter. Get a used one off ebay if money is an issue.

Also you could try to roll it onto a empty roll the correct way and tape it...leave it for a day or two and try it then.

Old August 26th, 2017 Aug 26, 2017 7:16:05 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward

first,
at your recommended 2:15 mark, the vinyl slid off your roller
it is too thin a sheet or move your roller

you should always use a cutting mat with a cameo,
you did say you had tried the mat, has it been altered or is it full width?

i did not see anywhere in the video a crinkled sheet of vinyl, it all looked normal flat vinyl to me,
but it was hard to see in a vertical video

but you are right,
first time in the universe (at least my universe)

cameo's are manufactured by graphtech and have a lower pressure/smaller cutting width than their other machines,
but i would not say they are a non-professional machine

Last edited by into the T; August 26th, 2017 at 07:22 AM..

Old August 26th, 2017 Aug 26, 2017 7:40:50 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

When I was looking for a cutter for htv, I didn't see a need to buy a machine 3 times as big as the size of the material that I needed to cut. The Cameo 3 performs like it should on every other job or material...just not that curved sheet htv. Flat sheets, I can cut all day. Only now do I feel I could use a bigger cutter, but id STILL use the cameo for HTV. Id use a bigger cutter for decals. I've had to turn down some decal jobs which sucked. So eventually, yes, i wanna get a bigger cutter, but Not to fix the problem with 3 dollar vinyl though that can be fixed if they shipped it flat.

If the book method doesnt work after 24 hrs, ill try rolling the last 2 sheets on a roll like you suggested.

I can't spend hundreds more at this point. My press was 1200$ and took up almost half my budget, and the rest went to other things. I live in a crappy town where getting people to buy anything is a battle. So it's all going a lot slower than I had hoped. So I haven't made much at all to be able to buy any more equipment, haha.

Old August 26th, 2017 Aug 26, 2017 7:53:39 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
first,
at your recommended 2:15 mark, the vinyl slid off your roller
it is too thin a sheet or move your roller

you should always use a cutting mat with a cameo,
you did say you had tried the mat, has it been altered or is it full width?

i did not see anywhere in the video a crinkled sheet of vinyl, it all looked normal flat vinyl to me,
but it was hard to see in a vertical video

but you are right,
first time in the universe (at least my universe)

cameo's are manufactured by graphtech and have a lower pressure/smaller cutting width than their other machines,
but i would not say they are a non-professional machine
Where did it slide?? Does every white sheet slide then? or did it get pushed from not being able to clear the space?? BECAUSE of the curve in the ends??
Because all flat sheets of HTV and 651 cut perfect. No problems at all. They cut wonderfully. No mat. No problems.

I don't use a mat for htv because when i pull it off, it becomes creased badly no matter now i remove it. If I decrease most of the tack on the mat..then my oracal 651 will slide. It's perfect tack now for my 651.
People use the Cameo 3 to cut htv without a mat all the time. I really wish that was the problem. It would happen on ALLLL of the HTV and not just be messing up on the white curved sheets. Correct???

& The vinyl is not crinkled. Until after being jammed. The ends are curved up. From being rolled. Reverse. I show them in the end of the video. It causes it to jam because it cannot clear the space in time. The curve is too big. A downward curve would be better, but none at all would be best. An upward curve is the worst ever. It doesn't all the material to go under, but rather bends back.
I cut flat vinyl without a mat with zero issues. I can post a video of that if you want.

& I don't alter any materials or mats. Everything is by the book or videos of watching it in action. That's how I KNOW i'm not asking anything crazy of my Cameo 3.
The problem with the Cameo 3 I DO SEE...is apparently the only people that own the unit are the know professional shirt press businessman I followed and the reason I bought it, as it's what he told me to get....or little old ladies doing church crafts that own the machine apparently...and me who bought one. That's who owns the Cameo 3 apparently, haha. Quite a club!

Last edited by Kreyn; August 26th, 2017 at 07:58 AM..

Old August 26th, 2017 Aug 26, 2017 8:02:41 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward

i don't know what to tell you
all my siser easyweed is rolled up to save space not matter what size it is,
even the white, and it never has any curling issues

just imagine your rollers pulling your easweed through, the rollers have no vertical motion,
so any curl in your htv would be mitigated by the rollers

Old August 27th, 2017 Aug 27, 2017 2:47:18 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I bet your easyweed is rolled correctly tho. With a curve down. I put books on the sheets and they are still curled up, haha. So that did nothing as I thought. I really wish they didnt roll these sheets. Thats why I bought flat sheets. Apparently more are coming, so I'll have to wait until then before I try to salvage any jobs I lost. It's no big deal, it's expected.

This is a discussion about Rolled SHEET vinyl jams! video inside! 1st in universe! that was posted in the Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in