Noob Question--Are there any inkjet papers that can't be cut in Silhouette Cameo? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers

Vinyl Cutters and Transfers Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat pressed vinyl transfers. Popular and new types of vinyl media, suppliers, vinyl cutters /plotters, press times, quality, how to instructions and more can be found in this heat press sub forum.

Noob Question--Are there any inkjet papers that can't be cut in Silhouette Cameo?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 3:54:15 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ric
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Noob Question--Are there any inkjet papers that can't be cut in Silhouette Cameo?

Here's a question that probably has a pretty simple answer, but I haven't come across it. I'm looking to invest in a Silhouette Cameo and don't want to be overwhelmed with a bunch of different transfer paper options. I'm going to order a few samples (a couple of light papers and a couple of dark papers) and wanted to know if all inkjet papers can be cut in a plotter/cutter (specifically, the Cameo). Thanks in advance for your help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 4:56:47 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Dee
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Noob Question--Are there any inkjet papers that can't be cut in Silhouette Cameo?

I can't speak for all transfer papers, but I can speak for a few and for vinyl, too. I haven't come across anything yet that the Cameo can't cut. Transfer paper is easiest of all.

Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 5:30:11 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jim

Default Re: Noob Question--Are there any inkjet papers that can't be cut in Silhouette Cameo?

One piece of advice on the Silhouette Cameo. It is a great machine but the carrier sheets that Silhouette sells are crap. You will experience slippage and shifting of your cuts with the Silhouette carrier sheets. Buy some of the Cricut carrier sheets and you wont have that problem. They come in regular hold and light hold which is best for paper. You may still need to place and remove a t-shirt a few times to make it less tacky, so the paper comes off easy enough. I cut shirt vinyl (film), wall vinyl and laminated stickers with my machine.

Old September 23rd, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 6:31:25 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ric

Thanks a lot for the feedback, Dee and Jim! I'll definitely keep the cricut carrier sheets in mind... Great info. Thanks again!

This is a discussion about Noob Question--Are there any inkjet papers that can't be cut in Silhouette Cameo? that was posted in the Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in