A Cutter for a phrase and logo? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers

Vinyl Cutters and Transfers Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat pressed vinyl transfers. Popular and new types of vinyl media, suppliers, vinyl cutters /plotters, press times, quality, how to instructions and more can be found in this heat press sub forum.

A Cutter for a phrase and logo?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 2nd, 2012 Mar 2, 2012 11:43:04 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default A Cutter for a phrase and logo?

I am looking for a cutter to cut out a phrase as well as a logo in white vinyl. What is a decent cutter for this task. Thanks I read about GCC 24" Expert 24 Vinyl Cutter but it might be too much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2012 Mar 2, 2012 12:02:42 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

Default Re: A Cutter for a phrase and logo?

The Expert 24 is rock solid.....It has made me money since day one and was paid for with my 1st job....

Old March 5th, 2012 Mar 5, 2012 8:00:36 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

So if I have a phrase lets say example: My name is this cutter will cut the image to spec font and all? Thanks

Old March 5th, 2012 Mar 5, 2012 3:55:05 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnonamexx
So if I have a phrase lets say example: My name is this cutter will cut the image to spec font and all? Thanks
It will cut whatever you send it to cut.

Depending on the material and complexity you can have issues with small items; IE: Small fonts with serifs, etc.

That is true with all cutters but the more expensive cutters will perform better.

Old March 6th, 2012 Mar 6, 2012 6:57:08 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Font will be Helvitica or a script type font, as well as logo. Are there othe inexpensive good machines?

Old March 6th, 2012 Mar 6, 2012 7:10:12 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

In my mind is hard to find "inexpensive" and good in the same machine......While I have an Expert 24 (450.00) and it has made me money, however, it is no where near as good as my Cut-3000 (900.00).....The latter has a servo motor and it quieter and cuts smoother and does a way better job on small letters and details.....But if I want real "good" I would be looking at a Summa with tangential cutting.....

Old March 6th, 2012 Mar 6, 2012 5:02:57 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnonamexx
Font will be Helvitica or a script type font, as well as logo. Are there othe inexpensive good machines?
IMHO the Expert series is probably one of the better "inexpensive" cutters.

Cheap Vinyl Cutter Comparison- GCC, Laserpoint, PCut, Refine | Stahls' ID Blog

Old March 7th, 2012 Mar 7, 2012 1:32:18 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I plan to use my cutter for such. But if I started to realize decent demand, I'd be using it more as a proofer and get a number of plastisol transfers made up. Weeding will not be fun if you're doing it over and over and over...

Old March 7th, 2012 Mar 7, 2012 1:44:37 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin

I can tell you for $300.00 with software... My Red Sail cutter... Cuts like a dream! I couldn't ask anymore of it... It cuts EVERYTHING... and it cuts great! For $300 I honestl'y don't think I would find a better cutter... I bought it from Signwarehouse.com

I used to have an "expensive" cutter from Signwarehouse $2,500 and then got out of the business and sold it and then really missed my cutter... So I bought this as it was the cheapest thing going at the time and all the reviews were positive for the most part... So I took the chance on the "cheap" cutter and it's been awesome... I actually like it better than my previous "professional" cutter....

I also just bought me a little desktop KNK Zing... I like it too for it's portability.

Kevin

This is a discussion about A Cutter for a phrase and logo? that was posted in the Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in