Vinyl Cutter Training - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers

Vinyl Cutters and Transfers Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat pressed vinyl transfers. Popular and new types of vinyl media, suppliers, vinyl cutters /plotters, press times, quality, how to instructions and more can be found in this heat press sub forum.

Vinyl Cutter Training

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 20th, 2010 May 20, 2010 3:13:02 PM -   #1 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

Default Vinyl Cutter Training

Doing a small sampling of vinyl cutter purchasers and future purchasers....How far would you travel for two days of training on use of a couple brands of cutters and the software they use.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2010 May 20, 2010 3:21:54 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Brice
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: Vinyl Cutter Training

Prefer to have it delivered via webinar. There is so much available on the internet on this subject I probably not travel for this purpose beyond day trip distance (IE I could go for the day, be home at night and travel back for second day), if at all.

Old May 25th, 2010 May 25, 2010 7:27:15 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles95405
Doing a small sampling of vinyl cutter purchasers and future purchasers....How far would you travel for two days of training on use of a couple brands of cutters and the software they use.
Hi Charles,

In person to me is well worth it over any webinar, especially if you're the purchaser. I have 3 visiting experiences that were all great.

Great Garment Graphics brought all of their Roland VersaCAMM and GX24 cutters, heat presses, materials, tshirts and more to Raleigh NC a few years ago. They were teaching an in-person class, for FREE, on how to vinyl cut and heat press designs. It was a great turn out. I scheduled a paid day off just to go, as it was a full day of training. Takes me 1.5 hours one way to get to Raleigh, so it was 3 hours on the road for me. I'd do it again in a heartbeat and have asked when they will host something like this again.

With a site visit, you get to better see and feel transfers & vinyl materials; you may have the opportunity to work the machinery & software yourself, you may get to see boo-boos and how to recover from it; you get to ask questions and have someone show you, on the spot, the answer to the questions by an actual demo (depending on the questions). As well, you'll walk away with free samples like we all did.

My 2nd visit was very local, 15 mins away from me at Nazdar SourceOne. The sales rep I worked with allowed me to come to their office, after 5pm so as not to need time off of work, to see him demo a Roland cutter for me. He took his time, did not rush, showed me how it worked, showed me a few jobs printed, showed me how to clean it and gave me some print outs to oogle over at home.

My 3rd visit was also local, approx 25 mins away at Axiom America. Great family company and ever-so-willing to invite a customer or potential customer. I've visited their location at least 3 times and can purchase films there if it's in stock. There I also got to see heat presses, cutters and software in action.

This is why I feel that site visits are priceless. Although I saw Graphtecs and Roland cutters, I purchased a Summacut D-75R. I ONLY wished that Summa was within driving distance of me for more questions that a phone call just can't satisfy but a webinar would help.

But, I did meet much of the Summa USA family and my actual salesperson about 2 years ago at SGIA. So, I got to run my questions by them then but sure would be nice having them closer for in-person demos, as questions are never-ending.

Old May 26th, 2010 May 26, 2010 4:52:03 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: jim
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I would not have a problem traveling a day trip to get the
first hand use and experience of the machines i was going
to purchase

Jim

This is a discussion about Vinyl Cutter Training that was posted in the Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in