[VELOCI-JET] Any veloci-jet Owners wish they bought different machine - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Veloci-Jet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of the Veloci-Jet DTG machine manufactured by Equipment Zone.

[VELOCI-JET] Any veloci-jet Owners wish they bought different machine

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 14th, 2010 Aug 14, 2010 2:17:35 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any veloci-jet Owners wish they bought different machine

Yes, banding can be caused by starvation, which can be caused by the bulk ink levels being too low compared to the print head. It's not an exact science, since there are factors such as elevation/altitude among other things. When raising the bulk ink shelf, if ink starts to leak out of the head when printing, then it is too high. Start lowering the tray in .5" increments until it stops spitting ink. It's also a good idea to top off your inks to the same level every day. (I keep my CMYK at '5' & white ink @ '4.5' in the bottles.)

After doing ink charges/head cleans if your nozzle checks look exactly the same, then it could be a clogged head. If nozzle checks are really bad, but look different from check to check, then it's probably starvation. Support should have determined this before you bought a new head.

Yes, $400 is a lot of money, but I wouldn't consider it "wasted". You're going to use it at some point down the line. In fact, it's probably a good idea to have a spare laying around. (I have one too.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2010 Aug 14, 2010 2:33:34 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal
None of our problems are maintenance related. My son is anal when it comes to maintenance. We have now found out that machine was never tested at high speed. We have sensor issues...meaning the sensors were not properly set at factory.
Now the system that raises and lowers to print is now grinding.
We've been told to raise the ink level to help solve the banding problems...then the ink drained into the other colors. Now I wonder if I wasted $400 getting a new print head as that may have not been the problem. You can try to make this our fault, but no one should have to say three Our Father and Two Hail Marys every time you print a job. We've wasted 5 weeks without a single good print but wasting time, money and ink. Yes, the techs are good and are trying to help us, but I think that they are really faced with trying to paint a pig.
I'm sorry if you took my post as putting the blame on you. That was not my intension. If you reread my post I think you will see that.

When we print 1440X1440 we never have a banding issue. Sometimes at 1440X720 we have minor banding that is resolved by minor head cleaning and ink adjustment.

We too, have had some off and on grinding with raising and lowering the head unit. It is a sporadic problem that sometimes shows up late in the day after doing many runs. Never in the morning. Maybe this is a heat issue? They have sent us new gears and belts to see if this clears up the problem. We have not had any down time yet to install the parts. Hopefully we will get this done next week and I will let you know if that solves the problem.

We also had a registration problem on double pass prints. I think that was solved with some brake adjustments and some settings in the software. I say "I think" because my business partner worked with the techs to get that solved and I was not directly involved.

Currently my biggest beef with the machine is the lag time when doing double pass prints. If it takes 5 minutes to do a double pass print, 3 minutes of that time is wasted while the software figures out what it is doing between passes. That is ridiculous and I hope a software fix is in the works to speed that up. The print time itself is great, it's the "spooling time" that takes forever. Single pass jobs are a breeze.

One other thing. We had to replace our ink-lines because ours were twisted. We never noticed that early on and only found that out after one of the lines sprung a leak. After replacing the lines we noticed the ink flowed better and we had to re-adjust the ink height. You might want to check your lines and see if they are nice and straight. That may be a reason you are getting banding due to not getting enough ink. Just a thought.

Again, best of luck to you. I hope your issues are solved quickly. Believe me, the printer is capable of producing outstanding prints.

Old August 14th, 2010 Aug 14, 2010 2:53:23 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTiki
Currently my biggest beef with the machine is the lag time when doing double pass prints. If it takes 5 minutes to do a double pass print, 3 minutes of that time is wasted while the software figures out what it is doing between passes. That is ridiculous and I hope a software fix is in the works to speed that up. The print time itself is great, it's the "spooling time" that takes forever. Single pass jobs are a breeze.
itiki, Have you tried adjusting the end delay for the print mode in EZrip? The end delay tells it how long to wait between passes, and you can shorten it to have it start printing quicker. The manual option is to hit the feed button as soon as it is loaded for the 2nd pass, and it will start printing the 2nd pass immediately..

The Following User Says Thank You to chobay For This Useful Post:
iTiki (August 14th, 2010)

Old August 14th, 2010 Aug 14, 2010 3:14:01 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobay
itiki, Have you tried adjusting the end delay for the print mode in EZrip? The end delay tells it how long to wait between passes, and you can shorten it to have it start printing quicker. The manual option is to hit the feed button as soon as it is loaded for the 2nd pass, and it will start printing the 2nd pass immediately..
We will give that a try next week. Thanks for the tip

Old August 15th, 2010 Aug 15, 2010 6:16:29 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: ken
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Velocity Jet. We have had ours for about7 months and have had a few small issues with ours. Have you had a tech come out and check your machine? We had to replace our print head, but that was due to our humidifier took a dump. How are your nozzle checks. If you don't get a good nozzle check you will get banding. Cleaning is very important but even more is to run the machine everyday. If it sits idle for two or three days you will have to do a lot of cleanings to get a perfect nozzle check. Also make sure the print head is locked after doing a manual cleaning if not air will get to the print head and dry out the nozzles. Every problem now mattter how small or large has ALWAYS be taken care of by Equipment Zone. As far as the elavator grinding just lift alittle while you are raising it. Printing with white ink is abit of a challange with any machine. Pretreating has to be perfect, underbase resolution and print resolution have to be the same or banding will occure. There is a learning curve to this process and if it were as simple as load a shirt and hit print everyone would have one. You will ruin shirts and question your sanity for getting into this business but I don't believe it's any differant with any other machine that prints white ink. Please give Equipment Zone a chance to resolve your problems, they have been wonderful with resolving the few issues we have had. If you have any questions please pm me and I'll try to help

Old August 15th, 2010 Aug 15, 2010 7:44:24 AM -   #21 (permalink)
hal
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Hal

Will the company send a tech here at their expense or replace their machine? Our business is printing t-shirts, not spending days being techies. We have done everything they have told us to do, every day. We have maintained our machine at as high a level as anyone. Sure, we realize that white ink presents problems, but these problems should have been mitigated by the proper construction of the equipment, training and support. Yes, their techs get back to us within 24 hours and appear to be knowledgeable and helpful, but once we seem to have one problem solves, the fix creates another problem, or another one immediately crops up. Again, we are going on 6 weeks of down time trying to get our problems solved. When we got the banding pretty much solved, then the ink overflows. So we lower the ink, then the print cycle does a noticeable mechanical skip between the white and color stages, obliviously throwing the whole print out of registration. Then while printing, the bed decides to slam against the front of the unit. Oh, this is a problem with the sensors? Oops, they were not properly set at the factory. What's next? Once again, we are going on 6 weeks and countless hours of lost time with not one decent print, We are afraid to take any jobs.

Old August 15th, 2010 Aug 15, 2010 8:00:44 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jon
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal
We own a Brother and purchased a Veloci-jet a few months ago. It will make a great boat anchor. We have lost money on this machine (lost jobs, lost time, lost lease payments, lost $ on parts). The Brother is a great machine with no problems.
Hal, just curious if when you bought your Veloci-Jet if you received training on the printer? or did you forgo the training since you already have been using a DTG (Brother)?

Old August 15th, 2010 Aug 15, 2010 8:12:13 AM -   #23 (permalink)
hal
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Hal

My son, who maintains the machine, spent 2 days at the factory. By the way, we were supposed to get the machine he trained on, but ended up with a different one.

The Following User Says Thank You to hal For This Useful Post:
IYFGraphics (August 15th, 2010)
Old August 15th, 2010 Aug 15, 2010 8:13:31 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Alex

Hi Hal,

Please know that everyone at Equipment Zone is committed to customer satisfaction. We want customers to be printing successfully all day, every day.

One of our technicians will give you a call first thing Monday morning.

We are committed to getting you up and running as soon as possible. I know it's Sunday, but if you'd like to give me a call, I'll PM you my cell phone number if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Alex

Last edited by equipmentzone1; August 15th, 2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old August 16th, 2010 Aug 16, 2010 5:39:49 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: ken
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hal, I really do understand the frustration, It seems like the harder we try the worste it gets. Hopefully Eqiupment Zone will send Javier to your shop, he REALY knows the Velocity Jet inside and out. We had a banding problem with ours after having a new head installed and Javier came out and made a few ajustments and have not had a problem since. How long have you had your machine?

Old August 16th, 2010 Aug 16, 2010 5:30:18 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobay
We tried your suggestions today, but they did not speed up the process. A 2 pass job takes about 5 minutes in total, but only 2 minutes of real printing. The other 3 minutes it just sits there waiting to go to the next step. Drives me crazy....

Old August 16th, 2010 Aug 16, 2010 5:36:39 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Then something sounds wrong, you might want to contact support. When the bed loads after the 1st pass, & I press the feed button, it starts printing immediately. Ink starts laying down after about 7-10 seconds I'd say.. (This is regardless of whether i'm printing cmyk doublepass or underbase/cmyk.)

The Following User Says Thank You to chobay For This Useful Post:
iTiki (August 16th, 2010)
Old August 16th, 2010 Aug 16, 2010 6:25:38 PM -   #28 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,073 Times in 920 Posts

itiki,

I will have one of our support technicians call you on Tuesday to go over your procedure.

Harry
Equipment Zone

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
iTiki (August 16th, 2010)
Old August 25th, 2010 Aug 25, 2010 11:58:05 AM -   #29 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Thread Note: some posts have been moved out of this thread because they were posted by an ex-employee. Let's keep things fair here folks

Old March 28th, 2014 Mar 28, 2014 11:08:04 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: David

Wish had went with another brand. Fatal errors every other print cant even do a whole shirt on dark without starting over. The support I have gotten from others on here has been most helpful and has worked temporarely but keeps giving me double light errors. Spend 3/4 of the day resetting the machine. It seem that there is a setting issue perhaps. But is is the settings that EZ did when the machine was installed Dont Get It????

This is a discussion about Any veloci-jet Owners wish they bought different machine that was posted in the Veloci-Jet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in