[GREAT BRITAIN - UK] - Best budget flash dryer available in UK - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > United Kingdom
T-Shirt information for the UK

[GREAT BRITAIN - UK] - Best budget flash dryer available in UK

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 8 Hours Ago Nov 7, 2019 3:56:28 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Liz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Best budget flash dryer available in UK

I bought over 4 years ago a the most basic flash dryer (the coil type) and to it's testament it's lasted this long but now sadly it's failing and i could probably cook an egg on it's plug when it's plugged in, so due to the major fire risk i need a new flash.

I operate a very small home studio, i work on a 3 pin domestic plug setting and i cure the shirts with the flash too.

Has anyone any suggestions to which model would be best for me, budget it tight.

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Hours Ago Nov 7, 2019 5:50:40 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default Re: Best budget flash dryer available in UK

Not much choice of budget flash driers available in the UK, unless you want to stick with the coil type. Even a basic BBC Black Flash is over £1000.

Most coil type flash driers use an element from an electric oven. Simple to fit,if you can find a match.
Why is your plug getting so hot? Check that all of the terminals inside the plug are tightly done up, and if you feel confident check that they are all tight inside the wall socket.

If not then it is either a used or Chinese flash from ebay, or Wicked Printing Stuff make their own for about £270.

The Following User Says Thank You to PatWibble For This Useful Post:
mamabloom (5 Hours Ago)
Old 5 Hours Ago Nov 7, 2019 6:23:04 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks Pat, i've gone through a 2 new plugs and had a new cable attached, because there is no on/off switch on the flash it sparks when i switch it off at the plug too. I was guessing the flash is drawing too much power but i am no electrician.

My husbands friend who is an electrician when fitting the new cable thought it was a potential death trap having an oven element on wheels but hey begs cant be choosers *makes sign of cross*

I contacted Vastex today and their most basic is £740 + Vat , i've always thought of vastex as a good brand (i might be well off) , for such a crucial piece of equipment for my business i should really fork out the money but it breaks my heart!!

I contacted Panther dryers too but i'm just not sure of quality.

Good flashes don't come up on Ebay very often, there is a professional vastex one on there now but they still want the best part of £2000 .

Thanks again for helping.

Old 5 Hours Ago Nov 7, 2019 6:44:50 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

'Proper' Panthers are very good, but very powerful. WPS also use the panther name, but not sure if they are as good.

Your element is probably only about 2500w. Working on the rough basis of amps x volts = watts ( 13a x 230v) you can go up to 2990w on a three pin circuit.That gives you a small margin of error because your supply is probably still the old 240v.

Concerned that your plug is getting hot. Is the socket you are using part of the ring main, or is it a spur added at a later date? A ring main should use 2.5mm 'twin and earth' cable, but I have seen some diy spurs added using only 1.5mm lighting cable. That would be an accident waiting to happen.

Old 2 Hours Ago Nov 7, 2019 9:28:18 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I knew panther had changed hands and the older gentleman who ran it had retired, hoped the standard of goods hadn't dropped.

I do run on a spur of my house electrics but the workroom is supplied by a thick electrical cable and has it's own fuse box, I do sometimes run the flash on an extension lead (I guess this increases the resistance?) So maybe it's that.

Thanks for your help

This is a discussion about Best budget flash dryer available in UK that was posted in the United Kingdom section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in