Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > United Kingdom
T-Shirt information for the UK

Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 10th, 2009 Mar 10, 2009 8:57:36 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Phil
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop?

Or am I on my own here?
I have had a couple of t-shirt reps in recently and they tell me that I am kind of unique in what I do, but I really didn't think I was that special
The reps tell me that they supply lots of customers who sell 'promotional items' including t-shirts but there are not many like me who sell just t-shirts.
Am I that unique? Do you have a t-shirt shop near you? Do you know of a shop which sells just t-shirts?
This could be interesting.

Phil

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2009 Mar 10, 2009 10:46:21 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Peter

Default Re: Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop?

North East of Scotland says no!

Old March 10th, 2009 Mar 10, 2009 12:35:21 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Mik

hi phil,
most places i have seen sell t's polo's and just about anything else they can print,even I do it lol
maybe you are unique, or perhaps just special
mik

Old March 10th, 2009 Mar 10, 2009 12:49:29 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Lee

Phil, so do you just sell t-shirts you have printed/bought or do you print for people, as in for promotional purposes?

Old March 10th, 2009 Mar 10, 2009 1:28:38 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ruchi

most places in Notts area just do custom vinyl, i've come across stores in Canada when i was over there last summer, but not so many in the UK, do you have any pics of your store Phil? it would be nice to see what type of set up you have..

Old March 10th, 2009 Mar 10, 2009 2:22:40 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market-Tee
hi phil,
most places i have seen sell t's polo's and just about anything else they can print,even I do it lol
maybe you are unique, or perhaps just special
mik
Hi Mik,
Special or just mad, thats what I am trying to work out by asking the question!

Phil

Old March 10th, 2009 Mar 10, 2009 2:26:45 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progeny
Phil, so do you just sell t-shirts you have printed/bought or do you print for people, as in for promotional purposes?
Hi Lee,
In answer to your question, a bit of both.
I now print all the designs I sell in my shop but I also offer a 'custom' printing service to individual customers and local businesses.

Phil

Old March 10th, 2009 Mar 10, 2009 2:38:38 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruch1v
most places in Notts area just do custom vinyl, i've come across stores in Canada when i was over there last summer, but not so many in the UK, do you have any pics of your store Phil? it would be nice to see what type of set up you have..
Hi Ruchi,
My shop is probably too small to do what I do effectively but the rent and Business rates are low which I am glad of in the current economic climate.
I don't have pictures of my shop but now i've got the ball rolling here I will take some and add them to this thread as soon as I can.
I guess that by just selling t-shirts I do limit my market but I don't think I have the available space to get involved in tote bags, aprons, umbrellas, mousemats & mugs This winter has been tough trading and i'm wondering wether I should look at including printing these other things ready for next winter
I do know that there are other shops selling just t-shirts but they tend to be in either more prosperous areas like Brighton or very tourist rich areas like Newquay, Cornwall.
I'm based in Ramsgate, Kent which is by the seaside but prosperous it is not and tourists can be spotted at a quarter of a mile!

Phil

Old March 11th, 2009 Mar 11, 2009 4:14:33 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ruchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymunky
Hi Ruchi,
My shop is probably too small to do what I do effectively but the rent and Business rates are low which I am glad of in the current economic climate.
I don't have pictures of my shop but now i've got the ball rolling here I will take some and add them to this thread as soon as I can.
I guess that by just selling t-shirts I do limit my market but I don't think I have the available space to get involved in tote bags, aprons, umbrellas, mousemats & mugs This winter has been tough trading and i'm wondering wether I should look at including printing these other things ready for next winter
I do know that there are other shops selling just t-shirts but they tend to be in either more prosperous areas like Brighton or very tourist rich areas like Newquay, Cornwall.
I'm based in Ramsgate, Kent which is by the seaside but prosperous it is not and tourists can be spotted at a quarter of a mile!

Phil

on Oxford st there are alot of shirts like yours, but again thats a very touristy area, on average how many sales a week/month do you get from your store?

looking forward to seeing your pictures

Ruchi

Old March 11th, 2009 Mar 11, 2009 6:48:50 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruch1v
on Oxford st there are alot of shirts like yours, but again thats a very touristy area, on average how many sales a week/month do you get from your store?

looking forward to seeing your pictures

Ruchi
Not enough at the moment
Pictures are coming soon!
And good news today I hear there is a new ferry service to France starting at the end of March Yippeeee tourists!

Phil

Old March 11th, 2009 Mar 11, 2009 10:14:53 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Neil

Quote:
Or am I on my own here?
I have had a couple of t-shirt reps in recently.......
This is interesting, what kind of stuff were these reps selling ? Was it printed shirts or blanks ?

If they were selling pre printed stuff what kind of wholesale prices were they offering and were they any good / what type of prints, etc ?

There is a shop local to me owned by my younger sisters ex husband who sells a lot of designer style clothes, he also has some screen printed shirts which he bought in from somewhere that are printed on 'kustom kit' shirts, nice designs - 5/6 colour screen prints. They sell for £20-£30 each !

Old March 11th, 2009 Mar 11, 2009 10:29:20 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmcaliece
This is interesting, what kind of stuff were these reps selling ? Was it printed shirts or blanks ?

If they were selling pre printed stuff what kind of wholesale prices were they offering and were they any good / what type of prints, etc ?
If companies are "named" and their wholesale prices are not public on a website or catalogue, they can't be stated here on the forum either.

Just a heads up. If no names are mentioned, it should be okay to discuss wholesale pricing. Have a nice day, fellas.

Old March 11th, 2009 Mar 11, 2009 10:31:21 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlzndollz
Just a heads up. If no names are mentioned, it should be okay to discuss wholesale pricing. Have a nice day, fellas.
Ok, I just want to know how much shirts are being sold for by wholesalers, I don't need to know the company names.

Old March 11th, 2009 Mar 11, 2009 12:27:05 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmcaliece

There is a shop local to me owned by my younger sisters ex husband who sells a lot of designer style clothes, he also has some screen printed shirts which he bought in from somewhere that are printed on 'kustom kit' shirts, nice designs - 5/6 colour screen prints. They sell for £20-£30 each !
Neil, not too exiting they were blank product reps!

Quote:
If companies are "named" and their wholesale prices are not public on a website or catalogue, they can't be stated here on the forum either.

Hey up U.Kers forum police are in
Only joking Kelly, the reps were from Pencarrie & Elms & Elms both have priced catalogues and an online presence.
Oh! And the disclaimer:
I am not affiliated to either company nor do I have an interest in them, other than being their customer. There are other wholesale company's in the U.K.

I hate rules

Phil

Old March 11th, 2009 Mar 11, 2009 12:35:14 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Quote:
Hey up U.Kers forum police are in
Only joking Kelly, the reps were from Pencarrie & Elms & Elms both have priced catalogues and an online presence.
Oh! And the disclaimer:
I am not affiliated to either company nor do I have an interest in them, other than being their customer. There are other wholesale company's in the U.K.

I hate rules

Phil
Just remember, in this case, Phil, those rules protect you, and your suppliers. In cases where the suppliers keep pricing private (except to their registered wholesale customers) they are preventing the general public from knowing what *your* pricing is. It saves you from having to deal with customers showing up in your shop, trying to haggle your price because they *know* your cost. =)

Sometimes a little more info as to why the rules exist help folks understand the importance and value of some of them, no?

This is a discussion about Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop? that was posted in the United Kingdom section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in