Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > United Kingdom
T-Shirt information for the UK

Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 18th, 2009 Mar 18, 2009 4:00:55 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Tim
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Re: Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop?

Hey I am thinking of starting my own business doin custom T shirts, and clothes in the south west. how is your business goin, any advice?
would be much appreciated
Greenthumb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2009 Mar 18, 2009 6:29:45 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Phil

Default Re: Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumb
Hey I am thinking of starting my own business doin custom T shirts, and clothes in the south west. how is your business goin, any advice?
would be much appreciated
Greenthumb
Hi Tim,
If you go for it I wish you all the luck! I don't regret doing it, but it's been a tough journey.
The lessons I have learnt along the way are lessons I cannot teach you, it's all about learning your market, and your market in the South-West will be different to mine.
Grab the wealth of information which is free on this forum and do with it what you may! But learn from this forum.
Business for me right now has never been worse, it's easy to blame myself for this but hey i've done nothing wrong! It's the economy!
I'm dealing with this in my own way and this week I have started back on Ebay, yes things are bad! If this works for me and drags me through this recession then great, if it doesn't, i'll try something else! But one thing I won't do is give up!
Winter will ALWAYS be harder than summer in this business and i've just got through this winter so now the only way is up!

Phil

The Following User Says Thank You to funkymunky For This Useful Post:
greenthumb (March 18th, 2009)
Old March 18th, 2009 Mar 18, 2009 7:36:10 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

So true Funky munky, i'm trying to do research at the moment. I see you have done very well in setting yourself up, hope you keep afloat during these times. Do you have any recommendations regarding overseas suppliers?

Old March 18th, 2009 Mar 18, 2009 8:41:14 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanUK
So true Funky munky, i'm trying to do research at the moment. I see you have done very well in setting yourself up, hope you keep afloat during these times. Do you have any recommendations regarding overseas suppliers?
I try, and up to now succeeded in sourcing all my blank product and decorating materials from the U.K. I think if you were to look abroad for these products you would need to buy in huge quantities to make any real savings.
When I first started out in this business I bought pre-decorated shirts from a London supplier, these were all made in Turkey and the quality was none to special!
You can get some great prices here in the U.K and where is your loyalty man? Red, white and blue these colours don't run

Phil

Old March 18th, 2009 Mar 18, 2009 10:33:54 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ruchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progeny
'is your shop in the city centre?'

I laughed at that one as well
lol come on now lads, it was abit of a stab in the dark, never been to kent myself, but i know Notts, London, Bham, manchester etc very well, i guess i just stick to the important cities (just kidding)

Old March 18th, 2009 Mar 18, 2009 12:55:51 PM -   #36 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks Funkymunky, just looking at all my options at the moment. I'll start researching UK T-Shirt and printing options

Old April 13th, 2009 Apr 13, 2009 11:04:53 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Things are certainly quiet with everyone in the UK at the moment. Think people still want the goods, but endless talk about job losses is making them wary about parting with their cash at the moment.

I work from home as I sell exclusively online, but am real glad I don't have a shop to worry about. You'd need a lot of foot traffic to get the most out of a physical shop. As they say, location is everything.

Old April 17th, 2009 Apr 17, 2009 1:59:57 AM -   #38 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Cool Re: Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop?

So true Kustom Dude. I'm going to start my business online then hopefully expand to shops in the future if im successful.

This is a discussion about Anyone else here in the U.K with a shop? that was posted in the United Kingdom section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in