[GREAT BRITAIN - UK] - Cost of Printing - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > United Kingdom
T-Shirt information for the UK

[GREAT BRITAIN - UK] - Cost of Printing

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 6th, 2009 Mar 6, 2009 3:00:44 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Daniel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cost of Printing

When I was quoted...thats what the person wrote back. Thats their cheapest t-shirts or something like that. I was just wanting a quot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 6th, 2009 Mar 6, 2009 11:33:48 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Constable
When I was quoted...thats what the person wrote back. Thats their cheapest t-shirts or something like that. I was just wanting a quot.
Fair enough. What size did you want the print? Was size a factor in how much the screens and prints cost?

Old March 7th, 2009 Mar 7, 2009 5:21:22 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I wanted the print about this size

Old March 8th, 2009 Mar 8, 2009 12:24:10 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Is this a good start up for screen printing? Oh and is it a good price?

Wicked Printing Stuff

Old March 8th, 2009 Mar 8, 2009 12:57:11 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Phil

Quote:
Is this a good start up for screen printing? Oh and is it a good price?

Wicked Printing Stuff
Daniel,
It's a start but not a good one! That equipment is cheap and flimsy and it will all end in a big heap of frustration! Trust me I made these mistakes when I started out, and I spent more than that on my Screen-Printing setup, and no I don't still have it.
I found out very quickly that it is not viable to screenprint 6 shirts of one design then go on to another design and thats just producing single colour designs! Three colours, three screens, four designs ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.
Multi-colour designs RELY on good registration which you WILL NOT get with that equipment. Good screenprinting is a 'science' best learned & practised on quality equipment. Screenprinting is also better for large runs of the same design. You need a QUALITY carousel, Spot drier(s) and a tunnel drier which will cost big bucks!
From what I have read on these forums if it's short runs of multi-coloured designs probably easier and cheaper to look at a DTG machine.
I hope this helps even if it is not what you wanted to hear.

Phil

Old March 8th, 2009 Mar 8, 2009 1:25:17 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

So how much do you think is the minimum you would have to spend before you can produce good quality screen prints?

Old March 8th, 2009 Mar 8, 2009 1:58:53 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive Penguin
So how much do you think is the minimum you would have to spend before you can produce good quality screen prints?
Peter, is this a test?
To produce good quality multi-coloured prints, 6-12 months training and a lot more than £475.00!

Phil

Old March 8th, 2009 Mar 8, 2009 3:15:58 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Bit of a test
I'm a WPS customer. Not going to say good or bad things about them. If a better supplier wants to raise their hand I'm all ears.
Looking at a real Hopkins carousel you can see the serious money.
But I'm not sure lots of cash means good quality prints. A lot of it is how clever the design is. One colour prints are a no brainer. It doesn't matter how expensive your carousel was.
Same with four colour prints, if none of the colours "touch".
I've looked at lots of websites that have turned up on this forum and 70% of screen printed stuff is one colour, 25% of the rest is two colour. (All statistics are guesses)
Anyway my point is that most tees don't require high level equipment to sell. (we'll I'm assuming they sell). I've a four colour carousel from WPS and with photoshop and stroking it covers a lot of sins. I'd love a Hopkins but it ain't going to happen and it ain't going to stop me producing 95% of the T-shirts out there.

Old March 8th, 2009 Mar 8, 2009 4:42:48 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I have never brought any screen printing equipment before, but I think its worth doing my t shirts myself rather than having a professional place doing it...yea there bigger and better then me and they have all the equipment and training. Me doing my t shirts myself would be a huge learning experience for me. For me its just about learning something different, and wanting to learn everything. Oh and maybe earning a little money to lol I most properly will get my stuff printed...due to lack of funds lol

Old March 9th, 2009 Mar 9, 2009 1:00:04 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Bit of a test
I'm a WPS customer. Not going to say good or bad things about them. If a better supplier wants to raise their hand I'm all ears.
Looking at a real Hopkins carousel you can see the serious money.
But I'm not sure lots of cash means good quality prints. A lot of it is how clever the design is. One colour prints are a no brainer. It doesn't matter how expensive your carousel was.
Same with four colour prints, if none of the colours "touch".
I've looked at lots of websites that have turned up on this forum and 70% of screen printed stuff is one colour, 25% of the rest is two colour. (All statistics are guesses)
Anyway my point is that most tees don't require high level equipment to sell. (we'll I'm assuming they sell). I've a four colour carousel from WPS and with photoshop and stroking it covers a lot of sins. I'd love a Hopkins but it ain't going to happen and it ain't going to stop me producing 95% of the T-shirts out there.
Peter, your absolutely right in all you say. I just didn't want the OP to think he could spend £475 and turn out quality from day one
Good registration is the key to producing good quality multi-coloured designs you will only get this with a good quality carousel.
You might get 'passable' prints with a budget machine but you will also get a whole lot of frustration along the way.
I personally cannot get any more money for a t-shirt printed three colours than I can for a single coloured print and there are a whole lot of suppliers out there selling single coloured slogan shirts.

Phil

Old March 11th, 2009 Mar 11, 2009 11:10:05 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveDave
Buy a screen, degrease it, coat it, make a positive, expose, wash out, dry, spot out holes.
Even with minimal material, wastage and labour costs £20 doesn't seem that excessive. If you were making a living making screens I suspect that the cost would be higher.
I have a screen making business and only charge £6.50 per screen,this is a complete price which includes initial reclaiming of the original stencil..

Old March 11th, 2009 Mar 11, 2009 12:32:47 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
I wanted the print about this size
Daniel,
You could produce a print like this easily with heat applied vinyl, vinyl cutter & a heat press. The learning curve is not so steep, the start up cost probably a little cheaper, the print would be just as durable & you will keep your hands clean!
Food for thought maybe?

Phil

Old May 9th, 2009 May 9, 2009 3:00:31 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukscreenprinter
I have a screen making business and only charge £6.50 per screen,this is a complete price which includes initial reclaiming of the original stencil..
thats interesting, whats the delivery etc? do you have a web site with info?

Old May 10th, 2009 May 10, 2009 8:09:05 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Charlene

Quote:
Sure you want to go with "value-weight"? I wouldn't buy a tee that was value weight no matter how good the design. I would maybe use them for hen nights or charity runs, or dusting but not for my "brand". I don't think I would get much return business. They are "value" for a reason. Just my opinion..
Ahahaha! That made me LOL. Dusting! hahaha

This is a discussion about Cost of Printing that was posted in the United Kingdom section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in