[GREAT BRITAIN - UK] - What equipment to buy? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > United Kingdom
T-Shirt information for the UK

[GREAT BRITAIN - UK] - What equipment to buy?

Like Tree40Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2016 Sep 29, 2016 9:14:55 AM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Derek
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What equipment to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeh27
Id love a store and there are one of two near me - its just too much risk going all in just yet - I need to build up my experience, and range and hopefully name and earnings and then....perhaps then I can go for it! Thats the dream! What can I say, Im a simple man!

I now need to find a way to show designs as if they are already printed on a tee!
There was a youtube vid on that that I saw a year or so ago, it was a photoshop process that looked very realistic.

Attach are the mugs I was on about yesterday, did the text on the shield as well, also four more for one customer today, see, told you the euro's go well.
Been a decent day today, couple of shirts and some dyesub stickers for back of 6 cars going off to Malta, you never can tell what customers want. and as I didn't get there until 11 it's been a sensible day too.

Hey Belle, belated welcome to TSF.
I think there's a difference between being lazy and smart enough not to cause yourself hassle whilst keeping the wolf from the door.
If there isn't then I must be comatose 'cause I'll avoid hassle like the plague.
Sounds like you have a good little big cottage industry going there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9281493.JPG (1.65 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg P9291502.JPG (1.73 MB, 18 views)
leeh27 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 29th, 2016 Sep 29, 2016 11:46:54 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Dekzion - you clearly have a knack for design and presentation! Love your items!

Hi Belle, thanks for sharing your story - thats great that you earn a living doing this - its my aim too! Are you still selling online only? Do you have a link to your ebay / amazon store (not sure what the etiquette is to ask this - so feel free to ignore!!).

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 12:01:50 AM -   #48 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Andrea

Hi, if you google Bugsponge T-Shirts you should find us. We are Bugsponge on Amazon, and Bugspongewear on ebay. We do some light grey ones too now, but have never tried black although I know we could double our turnover if we did. We got a website once with lots of SEO but it was a loss maker and we shut it down; no traffic. We tried etsy too which was OKish but too restrictive. They say they are a big family but you can't talk to a human at all, so if there is a problem you have zero recourse so that's shut down too. We've concentrated on getting the balance between maximum profit and fewer working hours as we both have other jobs. It's doing OK and I really enjoy it.

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 4:47:31 AM -   #49 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton belle
Hi, if you google Bugsponge T-Shirts you should find us. We are Bugsponge on Amazon, and Bugspongewear on ebay.
You obviously don't worry about trademark infringement or other peoples IP.
Dekzion likes this.

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 5:08:10 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for sharing Belle! Love your tees

Do you print using vinyl or just laser transfer?
Is is dearer to sell on Ebay or Amazon?
Also, how do you display your tees? do you print everyone and take a pic of someone wearing it or do you have the answer to how I can digitally show my tees without printing them all?

Looking at my figures, Im guestimating around £5 profit per shirt.
@Pat - are you saying images of public people should not be used?

Last edited by leeh27; October 1st, 2016 at 05:13 AM..

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 9:26:41 AM -   #51 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeh27

@Pat - are you saying images of public people should not be used?

There are no image rights in the UK, but the copyright of a photo belongs to the photographer, so unless you use all public domain images or have permission form the photographer, then they shouldn't be used.

Also she is using Warhol images that are still subject to copyright, and printing old band flyers and posters onto a t-shirt can hardly be considered 'coincidental inclusion' - the bands trademarked names are still being used for unlicensed commercial use.

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 9:28:44 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

leeh, brighton belles shirts are just asking for the man to come knocking at the door.

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 11:10:45 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Lee
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

@brighton belle's, I like your designs it's good to see that you can make some good money from the t-shirts. Are you looking at expanding?

@leeh27 have you brought your cameo yet? I have found a cameo 3 for £246 which I thought was a good price.

@dekzion those mugs look amazing. It must feel good when you produce some nice work. What software do you use? Do you use special paper or is it standard sub paper? I have been looking at the Sawgrass ink, they produce some great work however they are so expensive. I'm looking for a good price for them, any ideas?

Are any of you members of the dye sublimation forum?

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 12:09:35 PM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Hey Coops, You wont regret buying a Cameo, way to go.
I use the Serifs, pageplus,photoplus,drawplus,movieplus and panorama.
The mug wrap is pre cut trupix You get 300 sheets in a pack. Sawgrass ink isn't expensive. it's a myth. because it does what it says on the tin and doesn't do hiccups, which cost when you start having rubbish prints on shirts etc, just think, 10 shirts ruined and that's the cost of a cartridge by using other ink. and as a set of carts will do hundreds of shirts it's piece of mind.

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 12:14:59 PM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I will download the software and have a play around.

So would a set of inks print 100 t-shirts? If so thats not too bad then, the cost per item is reasonable.

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 12:22:49 PM -   #56 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ahh, ok, see what you mean re designs. Seems loads and loads do it after looking around more.....!

Coops - I like the look of this one: Silhouette Cameo - Pack C | MDP Supplies - looking to buy my stuff next week Go to be 100% sure or the wife will have me! But made my mind up now

I bought a copy of Photoshop 6 from ebay for £15 - works a treat

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 12:43:48 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

That's a good price for Photoshop, I think I'm going to check eBay tonight.

http://getcanvasplus.co.uk/cameo-3-cutter

This is the new version of cameo, it's a good price. It doesn't come with the extras though.

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 2:14:38 PM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for the link - i looked at the 3 but I seem to keep reading that people prefer the 2 for some reason...

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 2:21:36 PM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I read that somewhere too. It is a good price. I will check what the differences are and compare them. If you do get it you will have to let me know what it's like.
leeh27 likes this.

Old October 1st, 2016 Oct 1, 2016 11:13:47 PM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I have the Cameo 2 as you know, I don't really know if the 3 does anything different, and in all honesty it's only if you upgrade would you know of any differences.
It has space for two blades, but they move in syncro so I don't think that that is of any advantage,
It's still noisy from all accounts, but that's okay, and obviously there will be a different cutting studio But I don't want to move from the original version because it works well. (I shall have to check to see if you can still drag jpg's onto the platform, or did silhouette fix that to make you buy images and converters?)
The extra that I bought was the roll holder, that bit is very important if you are intending to cut decals. @Coops, you'll easily shove more than 500 sheets through a full set, along with 300 mugwraps too. I class the cost per sheet as a quid (it's less than that but for accounting purposes) and the customer gets charged a fiver for an A4 print. (works for me)
leeh27 likes this.

This is a discussion about What equipment to buy? that was posted in the United Kingdom section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in