[GREAT BRITAIN - UK] - UKPress Heat Press reviews - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > United Kingdom
T-Shirt information for the UK

[GREAT BRITAIN - UK] - UKPress Heat Press reviews

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2016 Mar 11, 2016 9:59:40 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Camilla Beate
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default UKPress Heat Press reviews

Hi

Like so many others I am looking for an affordable heat press.

I've been looking at a Stahl's, however because of the price I have been trying to find some reviews of the UKPress heat presses, but I cannot find any.

HP3804C Semi Auto High Pressure Press (40x50) UKPress Blue Wave Edition

They are advertised as UK made and I have been in contact with them and they claim that the heating elements heats evenly.

However I do find the price to be a little to good to be true, and there are also several used ones on ebay.

Does anyone have any experience of the quality of these heat presses?

Thank you

Last edited by CamillaBeates; March 11th, 2016 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: Adding link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2016 Mar 11, 2016 12:12:43 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default Re: UKPress Heat Press reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaBeates
Hi

Like so many others I am looking for an affordable heat press.

I've been looking at a Stahl's, however because of the price I have been trying to find some reviews of the UKPress heat presses, but I cannot find any.

HP3804C Semi Auto High Pressure Press (40x50) UKPress Blue Wave Edition

They are advertised as UK made and I have been in contact with them and they claim that the heating elements heats evenly.

However I do find the price to be a little to good to be true, and there are also several used ones on ebay.

Does anyone have any experience of the quality of these heat presses?

Thank you
Stahls are good presses, but their UK after sales is substandard. If any problems cannot be solved by the firm that sold it you, presumably by someone in the warehouse poking about inside, then the product has to be sent to Germany for repair. I was quoted 14 to 30 day turnaround. My Stahls Basic Clam went tits-up after less than 300 shirts.

UKpresses are the usual Chinese product. Under EU law country of manufacture is where final assembly takes place - maybe they screwed the handle on in the UK?

If you are anywhere near Chelmsford, put a bid in on this: ( nothing to do with me)
T SHIRT CLOTHING HEAT PRESS MADE IN UK SOLID MACHINE SUBLIMATION VINYL TRANSFER | eBay

It is a British made Pressmech industrial piece of kit, that will last forever. Any problems can be sorted out on the telephone by the man who made it. Parts are readily available, and easy to replace.

The Following User Says Thank You to PatWibble For This Useful Post:
CamillaBeates (March 11th, 2016)
Old March 11th, 2016 Mar 11, 2016 3:43:22 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks!

I have been wondering about the UKPress heat presses.
I've contacted the seller of this item and see if I can make a deal, thank you for making the effort!

Even if I am not successful with this item, I will certainly look for branded new/used before venturing out with the cheaper options.

Have a good weekend

Old March 19th, 2016 Mar 19, 2016 11:33:09 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Kevin

I have a UKPress 38x38 and i have to say i've found no issue so far, i only got it for starts up and have yet to find my riches for a better press but as i say it's still going strong.

Old March 23rd, 2016 Mar 23, 2016 8:28:37 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Alan

I've got one of the UKPress mug presses and it works great. No issues at all. Construction is a bit flimsy but it works and produces consistent high quality images. I'd expect their heat presses will be similar, cheaply made but work well.

My own heat press is a 40x40 I picked up from eBid 3 years ago for about £150. Never had issues with it either and it's done thousands of prints. At the end of the day, you spend what you can afford and replace when it stops working. The more you spend should in theory get you a better machine but try telling that to someone who bought a diesel VW in the last few years. lol

Old March 23rd, 2016 Mar 23, 2016 9:37:51 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Derek
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I got the starter package from BMS well over a year ago now, had a mug platten go pretty quick and the circuit board got killed at the same time, BMS fired another down next day. flat press is okay though.
bought a 38x38 off fleabay £150, works good apart from one very small area in one corner doesn't get as hot so I dont put vinyl there, if I have to then I'll do a re-press 'tother way up.
Bought an A4 size press of oriental persuasion, and it's been fantastic! use it for slates and smaller items along with Hi-viz sublimation, only cost me £60 and was delivered within the week.
You dont have to go mad, if your subbing then it is worth spending out on a decent printer that doesn't begin with an E because it's the print that matters but for vinyl just about any press is good enough to get going, I even use the hat press for logo's these days (vinyl and sub) as it's small and quick to heat up.

Old March 30th, 2016 Mar 30, 2016 2:17:22 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekzion
You dont have to go mad, if your subbing then it is worth spending out on a decent printer that doesn't begin with an E because it's the print that matters
Well, I already got a printer that starts with E, I got a WF-7610DWF. According to reviews I thought this would be quite good for the job, altho I am going to try pigment ink firstly. I do still have the option to use subli as the printer is not in use.
I've read that subli prints fade quite fast and that pigment might be better for duranbility/colour preservation.

What would you say plays the biggest part in quality?

Ink, transferpaper or heat press?

Last edited by CamillaBeates; March 30th, 2016 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: Adding more info.

Old March 30th, 2016 Mar 30, 2016 2:20:29 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggamuffin
I've got one of the UKPress mug presses and it works great. No issues at all. Construction is a bit flimsy but it works and produces consistent high quality images. I'd expect their heat presses will be similar, cheaply made but work well.

I guess my biggest worry, without having the ability to try the heatpresses, is if the heat is consistent across the platen and that it does have heating elements on both plates?

If you say the UKPress one is decent, I may reconsider the UKPress, but I think I will look around for a used branded one.
Also I can get a basic Stahl for about £530 I think. Might be worth it.

Thanks

Last edited by CamillaBeates; March 30th, 2016 at 02:24 AM.. Reason: Added more info

Old March 30th, 2016 Mar 30, 2016 4:15:18 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Also I can get a basic Stahl for about £530 I think. Might be worth it.

Thanks
Don't touch the Stahls Basic with a barge pole. It is made in China, with a Stahls sticker on the side. Mine lasted for about 300 shirts, before it began to fail. It stopped heating after about an hour of use, and twenty minutes later it would turn itself off completely. Worryingly, the supplier recognised this as a known problem! He told me to take the back off and jiggle the wires to the thermostat....which worked on a short term basis.
I had to pay for the return shipping, and if the dealer couldn't fix it, the press would need to be returned to Stahls in Germany, which could take up to a month. I didn't bother - I've now got a nice Stahls boat anchor.

Until Stahls get some proper UK based after sales, don't bother. The presses are good, but if they go wrong you are over a barrel.
A UK guarantee isn't worth much. All the supplier has to do is replace any faulty parts with parts of a similar age ( ie 'secondhand'). Same goes for product replacement -second hand of a similar age.
Dekzion likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to PatWibble For This Useful Post:
CamillaBeates (March 30th, 2016)
Old March 30th, 2016 Mar 30, 2016 4:28:30 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:

What would you say plays the biggest part in quality?

Ink, transferpaper or heat press?
With sublimation, the temperature is critical. If it drops much below 190c then the ink won't transfer to the substrate in a high enough density. Make sure you have a laser thermometer to hand to constantly check the temperature.The press needs to be accurate, with even temperature across the platen.

Sublimation prints don't fade, when printed onto 100% polyester. If you print on 65/35% poly/cotton, then you will see fading.

Transfer paper governs how the image transfers to the garment, so needs to be matched to the ink and the fabric to be used.

Ink is important to get the correct colour matching, and in the case of pigment transfers, durability of the print.

All aspects are important, but you need a decent press to transfer whatever you print to a garment.
Dekzion likes this.

Old April 17th, 2016 Apr 17, 2016 1:34:30 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: John

I use a manual press mech just like was sold on eBay listed above. Best thing I ever convinced my boss to get me. The free arm makes it so easy to get garments on in the correct position without stretching them and the interchangeable platoons are good shapes and easy to change.

If this sold for £160 someone got an absolute bargin.

Old April 18th, 2016 Apr 18, 2016 12:21:46 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWibble
Don't touch the Stahls Basic with a barge pole. It is made in China, with a Stahls sticker on the side. Mine lasted for about 300 shirts, before it began to fail. It stopped heating after about an hour of use, and twenty minutes later it would turn itself off completely.
I decided to wait based on your advice regarding the heat press and managed to land a Stahl Hotronix for a great price from ebay.

Thanks again!

Old May 25th, 2016 May 25, 2016 6:09:35 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Michael

Hi,

We have just bought a SEFA 50x38cm press from Xpres and are really pleased with it. It is "semi-automatic" in that is has an electo-magnetic release which takes away a lot of the work in pulling the press up etc. They also do this in a swing version.

Old June 12th, 2016 Jun 12, 2016 9:18:23 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Raj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverPrint
Hi,

We have just bought a SEFA 50x38cm press from Xpres and are really pleased with it. It is "semi-automatic" in that is has an electo-magnetic release which takes away a lot of the work in pulling the press up etc. They also do this in a swing version.
I am thinking of buying this press from Xpress. Are they really good for a novice?

Old March 8th, 2019 Mar 8, 2019 3:07:39 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdog
I have a UKPress 38x38 and i have to say i've found no issue so far, i only got it for starts up and have yet to find my riches for a better press but as i say it's still going strong.
Hi, I wonder if you can help. I have a UK Press HC480. It will transfer but the first wash all but destroys the print. I have followed the instructions, upped the heat and the time (and the pressure) latest attempt is 30 seconds at 150 degrees. I am using one shirt to test. I put one transfer on with a domestic iron, and that one is surviving the washes. All the heat press attempts are falling apart. The latest attempt is waiting the next wash day but I am thinking of ramping it up to 220 as that is roughly the temp of my domestic iron. What are your methods and success rate. Really interested to know.

This is a discussion about UKPress Heat Press reviews that was posted in the United Kingdom section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in