Lovecut uk reviews - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > United Kingdom
T-Shirt information for the UK

Lovecut uk reviews

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 6:27:48 AM -   #61 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Avoid lovecut.co.uk !!!!

I got there full kit about 20 months ago it turned up in reused boxes and took forever to arrive didn't get everything I was meant to get as in blanks and heat tape but got enough to get started, the build quality and instructions are shockingly low quality and I can occasionally smell the heat press when warming up bit like burnt dust (which it might be) not tried the cap press bit yet and broke one of the printers so will be replacing with one from bms soon. When I did manage to get hold of them about my missing item they promised to send the items but they never did. So I’m guessing I got luck as the plotter and press work and haven’t blown up or sparked me (yet) but wouldn't use again or recommend them, and the art-cut software is crap good enough for basic images and words but a proper ball ache to use and Won’t work on vista or 7 as the plotter drivers only work on XP.

Basically from what I’ve read I got lucky but defiantly not recommended.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 9:50:29 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: chris

Default Re: Avoid lovecut.co.uk !!!!

Maybe I've just been lucky then. (which doesn't happen often)

Old April 25th, 2012 Apr 25, 2012 9:17:28 AM -   #63 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: mark

Default re: Lovecut uk reviews

OMG I wish I had read all this before buying, Have bought the heat press package - having issues with the mug press cannot get the pressure to the edges so fading and have to print about an inch either side away from the handle got a response from the guy who said that i need another mug element which he will let me have for £20.00 despite the fact that it clearly states that the package does 11oz mugs - I don't mind if he is a one man band working out of his garden shed, we all have to start somewhere but this is affecting my business and i will not tolerate that - have looked on google maps with their postcodes but it is a different company on that…...

Old April 26th, 2012 Apr 26, 2012 9:36:13 AM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Laura
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

now before i buy anything i google the company, its amazing what turns up

Old June 28th, 2012 Jun 28, 2012 1:03:40 PM -   #65 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: mark

Hey everyone guess what - I have something good to say about them!!!! no really - they sent me a replacement mug sleeve and replied to phone calls ( a little slow granted) my heat press is working fine and They seemed ok - maybe they are getting their act together, I definitely think they are a mall company and I have no problem with that, am still awaiting a response to a few technical questions but we shall see - after seeing all the other posts and posting myself about the worries i am leased to find that thus far things are ok, will keep everyone up to date… cheers

Old July 20th, 2012 Jul 20, 2012 4:06:00 AM -   #66 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: stovie

Hi All...

Thought I would throw this up. New to all this and wanted a cheap Vynl cutter to test the water/dablle with and see if it something I want to to progress.

Bought a Refine cutter from LoveCut and have to say service was fine from a buying perspective. They answered my queries within the day pre sales, and the cutter and vinyl turned up the following day after ordering. So decent enough from that perspective.

Appreciate the kit I have bought is at the lowereend of the market, but everything came in the box and was all as ordered. I will maybe update as I get cutting etc...only arrived yesterday.

Now the hard bit starts, getting my first cut.

Stovie
(Pete Woodspeed)

Old July 20th, 2012 Jul 20, 2012 7:37:48 AM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jamie

I read these sort of things and I can't believe how angry some of you are getting! IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT!! I don't mean to be antagonistic, but come on!

Just one look at the build quality of these terrible machines would set my alarm bells ringing, and the fact that they are so much cheaper than "good" presses would also indicate that they may not be THAT good.

Every piece of machinery I buy - small or large, £200 or £20000 - gets a thorough once over. Usually this involves a site visit and numerous phone conversations with our suppliers to make sure that the kit is not going to blow up as soon as we use it, and also to make sure (if we've never used the supplier) that the company aren't like Lovecut (not that I've anything against them - I'm just going on reviews here). Appearances DO matter - if they don't look professional on the surface (website, phone manner etc) then chances are once they've sold you something things will only get worse.

This is YOUR BUSINESS!! Why settle for second best? If you can't afford to invest an additional £500 in a good quality press then you're not ready to start producing things for your clients. It's so simple.

If I go to Vietnam and eat dog sold to me by a street vendor, I'm not going to go back and expect a refund when I get a sore stomach. I would be kicking myself for being so stupid in the first place. Saying that, I have eaten dog in Vietnam and I was fine (for the record).

If anyone needs a list of reputable suppliers in the UK - I would be more than happy to share mine. Just PM me.

J

Last edited by Dynamic J; July 20th, 2012 at 08:15 AM..

Old August 16th, 2012 Aug 16, 2012 12:33:21 AM -   #68 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jamie

Phil: your inbox is full mate so I can't get my PM through to you.

Old August 22nd, 2012 Aug 22, 2012 1:15:54 PM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Raj

I have to agree with dynamic j (not the dog eating part, dogs are for life not dinner), anyway.

You can't put all the blame on the company, as bad as they sound, I never have and never will use them.

Before I committed to purchasing my equipment, I done a good 3-4 months of researching, from being on this forum reading and asking, to watching videos and tutorials and most importantly sourcing out suppliers and doing background reviews on them.

3 years on I have a handful of well known suppliers I use. Xpres who I buy sub and rhinestone supplies from, MDP for all vinyl and 2 garment suppliers, I used to use UKL, now pen carrie UKL, but their far from the cheapest.

I thoroughly looked in to china presses, from just looking at the images of the equipment I'd decided I don't want them. I spent a few £££ more an went with quality built and branded equipment and I've not had a single problem and as far as technical goes, all my suppliers always deliver.

Moral of the story, you get what you pay for in business. Your equipment is your money maker, so research and research more.

Last edited by vadan; August 22nd, 2012 at 02:05 PM..

Old August 22nd, 2012 Aug 22, 2012 1:57:51 PM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Well thank God my press is just fine, it came in a new box no receipt granted but paypal confirmation covered that. I have pressed loads of shirts with no problems at all. Vynil cutter is dandy Artcut software is average but do your designs on coral export as a curve, import on artcut resize it and perfect. They once sent me some cheap crap black vynil but got the man on the phone and got replacement the next day I had to pay for the return but got an extra few metres for my troubles. So lovecut for me is just fine although my upgrade will probably be a maxx or hotronix

Old August 22nd, 2012 Aug 22, 2012 2:08:41 PM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Raj

Roger you just can't fault a stalhs press they are built rock solid.

Perfect example of paying £200 for a china press and £700 for an American press. The quality for cost is incomparable in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to vadan For This Useful Post:
Rogerstshirts (August 23rd, 2012)

This is a discussion about Lovecut uk reviews that was posted in the United Kingdom section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in