T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
I am trying to track down a source for this shirt and I'm not having much luck. I got it from a race recently and I've found it to be one of the better wicking shirts I've worn. Does anybody have a clue what model this is and where I can buy some samples? Google turned up nothing and the Zorrel web site is less than helpful. It does not look like it's a cotton/poly blend. No other info on the tag except that it's made in Thailand.

·
Registered
29 Posts
raffuj said:
I am trying to track down a source for this shirt and I'm not having much luck. I got it from a race recently and I've found it to be one of the better wicking shirts I've worn. Does anybody have a clue what model this is and where I can buy some samples? Google turned up nothing and the Zorrel web site is less than helpful. It does not look like it's a cotton/poly blend. No other info on the tag except that it's made in Thailand.
Hi Raffui, I think the shirt you are talking is something like the Nike tee sold in shop now. the shirt made by polyester fabric with wicking finish. that is perfect for sports even after swearing:)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is a higher-end wicking shirt, similar to the nike sphere-dry ones. It works very, very well. Not all of these things are made equal!

I have ordered some Vapor samples to see how they compare but I'd rather get something that I've already tried out and can recommend personally.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
So Rodney...after testing Vapor for a few weeks is it still worth sourcing?
I think so. I haven't tried many other "wicking" type brands though. SanMar markets one, and there are a couple other brands that have a technical shirt offering.

So far, I like the fact that the t-shirt by vaporwear feels like a "regular" shirt and not slippery like many of the heavy poly content garments do.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. I just took another look and it seems that part of their site did not render correctly in firefox. I did not see the lower panel for any of their models. Bad, bad zorrel... ie is not the only browser out there!

I think what I'm looking for is the Z500.

·
Registered
37 Posts
what is a wicking t shirt? i am currently looking for high end blank shirts to put out for my company, i liked the stiffness of gildan ultra 100% cotton but it was to rough and baggy, also i liked article 1 regular model but it was to flimsy and not stiff like the gildan. I want something stiff like a gildan, fitted not too tight, not rough but soft. any help thanks....

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have seen Zorrel at the PPAI show in Vegas, and love their products. If you are ASI or PPAI, you should have no problem buying directly from them. If you aren't, contact us and for no charge, we would be happy for you to at least get one or two orders through, until you can get an account set up for yourself.

they can be pricey though for this type of shirt. I think the Wicked brand is pretty similar at a little less.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the offer. I am neither ASI or PPAI. Heck, I don't even have a heat press (yet). I'm just trying to see what's available for doing small runs for local running clubs, etc.

I have heard about Wicked and am going to order some samples soon.

I know how pricey these things can get. To somebody who runs and/or sweats a lot, a good wicking shirt is worth a LOT! I have a closet full of them. Some good, some terrible. A bad one is not much better then 100% cotton...acutally, it's worse, they REEK after a few uses!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually I have access to a warehouse full of Zorrell tees-including the kind you are talking about-that I am going to use as the base for my business. I have a partner who is a pick and pack distributor for Zorrell so he negotiated a deal to get them for his own resale at a great price.

Haven't launched yet but would be happy to help you get some.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oooh... I might take you up on that. I've been talking with somebody at Zorrel (the president no less. He replied to my initial email to their generic mail account) and it's been a little like pulling teeth to get the info I'm after. I finally got comfirmation today that the Z500 is in the shirt I'm after.

I think if he had just forwarded my query to the sales department it would have been a whole heck of a lot easier.

Right now I'm after some samples (hopefully at something less than their full MSRP) of both short & long sleeve and white & silver to make some test prints and pitch them to potential buyers.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have tested both the Zorrel and Vapor lines for a few weeks now, and here are my observations for both of their 'performance' lines:

The Zorrel Z500 are hands down the better performing shirt. The waffle weave really helps the wicking action. The Vapor material is smooth and very thin, almost silk like. It tends to stick to the skin when wet.

The zorrels are truer to size. The vapors are cut very generously (except for the singlets).

The Vapors are much lighter weight.

The waffle texture will be a problem for longer duration activities. Without lube or nip guards, there will be chafing for the men. This may be TMI for some of you, but it's a reality for marathoners and longer distance runners. It hurts!

I am going to take a look at RaceReady gear soon. They have a full line of performance coolmax clothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jackie here. Zorrel is an excellent product. We live in Florida and my husband works in construction. He has been wearing this brand for about a year and loves their tee's...and undies.

My tidbit is: This moisture wicking "ingredient" is woven into the garment, not sprayed or dipped (which is why the tee's are not scratchy). Therefore, it will last for the lifetime of the garment and not wash away after 7-10 times. To receive more information go to Zorrel.com; contact us; email the sales dept., and request a catalog. All the product info is on the first page.

If you plan on purchasing their product, it is a little high and I would keep in touch with the member (sorry, forgot your name) who has a contact in their warehouse. Actually, you may want to see if they can provide you with a catalog before going through the sales dept..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jackie here. Zorrel is an excellent product. We live in Florida and my husband works in construction. He has been wearing this brand for about a year and loves their tee's...and undies.

My tidbit is: This moisture wicking "ingredient" is woven into the garment, not sprayed or dipped (which is why the tee's are not scratchy). Therefore, it will last for the lifetime of the garment and not wash away after 7-10 times. To receive more information go to Zorrel.com; contact us; email the sales dept., and request a catalog. All the product info is on the first page.

If you plan on purchasing their product, it is a little high and I would keep in touch with the member (sorry, forgot your name) who has a contact in their warehouse. Actually, you may want to see if they can provide you with a catalog before going through the sales dept..
Thanks for the testimonial on Zorrel Tees. Two quick things the price of the Zorrel Dri-Balance Tee has gone down for 2007. We have also introduced the Boston Syntrel Microfiber shirt. This is definitely the least expensive/best quality shirt on the market today.

For Information and a new 2007 catalogue e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks Again

Bill
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts