T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About the Zebra LP 2844
The LP 2844 direct thermal and LP 2844 thermal transfer desktop label printers expand Eltron's 28-Series product family offering 4-inch print-width capability. These models provide a sturdy double-walled case design and come equipped with a new-generation of controller board motor and power supply that drive the LP 2844's at a print speed of 4 inches per second! An improved printhead provides 203 dpi resolution with enhanced print quality and the choice of direct thermal or thermal transfer printing technology ensures greater flexibility in supporting a broad variety of labeling applications.
I am pretty new to the "printing your own labels" concept. I ordered some flat rate envelopes and boxes from USPS for my Apparel business and need to find the most efficient yet cost effective way to get things shipping. I think in the long run a Zebra printer will for sure cost less than ink jet printing labels.

I was looking up an offer at endicia.com for the Zebra printer for around $450 and thought on eBay and found some REALLY cheap. See below. I couldn't find any good deals on 4x6 direct themal labels thought ;-X.

1. My question is, has anyone had good experience buying labels or a printer from eBay? If so where?
  2. Another question is, can I only use the Zebra printer with endicia.com or is there a way to use it through the UPSP website or printing from paypal?

Eltron Zebra LP 2844 Label Barcode Printer LP2844 - eBay (item 370102946100 end time Nov-01-08 17:04:33 PDT)

Zebra LP2844 LP 2844 Thermal Label Barcode Printer - eBay (item 160293461000 end time Nov-19-08 05:40:03 PST)

Thank you everyone as always for your help and knowledge sharing!

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
1. Yes, I bought my zebra printer and I buy my labels from eBay. From this seller: eBay My World - printers-n-labels

2. You can use the zebra printer with endicia and with UPS. I don't know if you can use it with the USPS.com website or through PayPal. I think with the USPS software they have available on the site it might be able to format it correctly for the printer.

Google knows though. I just did a quick google search for zebra 2844 paypal and found this article that explains it: eBay Guides - Printing PayPal Thermal Shipping Labels - Zebra LP2844

· Registered
302 Posts
1. Yes, I bought my zebra printer and I buy my labels from eBay. From this seller: eBay My World - printers-n-labels

2. You can use the zebra printer with endicia and with UPS. I don't know if you can use it with the USPS.com website or through PayPal. I think with the USPS software they have available on the site it might be able to format it correctly for the printer.

Google knows though. I just did a quick google search for zebra 2844 paypal and found this article that explains it: eBay Guides - Printing PayPal Thermal Shipping Labels - Zebra LP2844
Rodney,
Did you buy your Zebra printer brand new? I was looking at them on eBay and seems that no one is selling a brand new one and I have no idea how safe it is to buy a refurbished one.
Thanks.

· Registered
302 Posts
I was reading the specs on this printer and it says that it only has PC compatability and I'm on a mac. Is there a special driver I can install to make this printer work with my mac or I can't use it at all with my mac? Any mac users out there who can recommend a good equivalent to Zebra for thermal label printing for mac users?
Thanks.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Rodney,
Did you buy your Zebra printer brand new? I was looking at them on eBay and seems that no one is selling a brand new one and I have no idea how safe it is to buy a refurbished one.
Thanks.
I think I bought mine used from eBay. The machine is a workhorse. If you buy from a company with decent feedback, I'm sure you'll be fine.

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Registered
302 Posts
Yes, you can use Zebra printers on Paypal and also on USPS. You just have to select the type of printer you are using from the options box and it will format for you.
Can you tell me how one uses a zebra printer with USPS? I have a zebra printer and a USPS online account and I'm on a mac. What software do you use and where do you get it?
When I contacted USPS they told me they have 2 applications (click n ship and shipping assistants), one compatible with mac but not the zebra printer and the other one vice versa, so those 2 applications are useless to me since I have both mac and zebra printer.
Can you shed some light on this?
Thanks!
Tuan

· Registered
90 Posts
How did you guys install the printer?

I have 2 of these. I bought 1 used and installed the drivers which I got from the Zebra website and it would not print a test page.

So I ended up buying a new one and same thing. I got the drivers off the website and it wouldn't even print a test page.

I am using Windows XP, and when I plug in the USB it says detected. When ever I unplug the USB the printer switches to offline. So I know Windows see the hardware when its plugged in.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
How did you guys install the printer?

I have 2 of these. I bought 1 used and installed the drivers which I got from the Zebra website and it would not print a test page.

So I ended up buying a new one and same thing. I got the drivers off the website and it wouldn't even print a test page.

I am using Windows XP, and when I plug in the USB it says detected. When ever I unplug the USB the printer switches to offline. So I know Windows see the hardware when its plugged in.
Are you sure you're using the right drivers from the Zebra site?

I remember I lost the drivers in a computer crash and I had to try a few different driver downloads to find the right one to get my printer working.

Where are you going to be printing the labels from?

· Registered
11 Posts
Help a newbe please.
Hi If I buy a zebra printer and use it with endicia and or UPS or paypal my question is were should I start storing address I want to ship to. lets say I want to start collecting address of retail stores. were should I collect them to now, so when I get set up with the printer I can copy and paste them in?
Thank You Billy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.