T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

Does anyone have experience with zazzle and their shirt colors versus design? Im concerned about the meaning of this statement on their website:

FROM ZAZZLE:
If you select a colored garment, the colors of the image — though still vibrant and durable — will differ from the colors represented in the galleries. . . .the resulting image color is a combination of the ink dyes and the fabric color. If you choose an image with yellow colors to print on a blue shirt, for instance, the final image will appear light green. The darker image colors are, of course, less affected — a black image will appear black on all shirt colors.

This would suggest that you have no control over final color of the product, and thus, since this is an online operation without proofs, you're taking a real big gamble. How can zazzle exist if its not What You See is What You Get?

Wondering if anyone can assuage my worries before I plunge into Zazzle

Thanks
RR

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
It means that because they are using dye sublimation (or digital heat press), they won't be printing the color white.

You do have control over the final product, but as their disclaimer says, you have to just pay attention to the fact that some design colors will blend more into the garment color than others.

If you are really worried about it, the best thing to do is put up a quick design and buy it to see how your design turns out.

It's a free service, so before "plunging" time in, you can always do some tests to see if it will work for your business.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The preview in the product creation tool is pretty accurate. Well, for me it has been, anyway. So you can see what your product should print like fairly well. Use the zoom tool to see a larger image and that should give you a good indication of what it will look like.

Chili Pepper Shirts

·
Banned
54 Posts
This is due color illusion. If you view a strip of yellow on blue, you will see yellow as bit greenish. similarly on red you will bit orange. So even if pure yellow is printed on various colors will have very mild difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts