T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Zazzle is just getting crazy now with the customization stuff :D

Just got their newsletter that said they are now offering custom, one off, SKATEBOARDS.

More info here: Custom Skateboards

They offer 8 different style/size decks including "comp", "mini", and "old school" to customize.

Looks like they start at just $59.95 for just the deck (sounds like a decent price for a custom deck? I'm not a skateboarder...so I don't know for sure). They also offer the complete set with Independent Trucks, Ricta Naturals wheels, Bullet bearings, grip tape, and mounting hardware.

I'm not a skateboarder, but I may have to get one of these just for the novelty factor.

edit: I don't see any info on the site about the graphic templates/sizes for skateboards, so hopefully that info will be posted on their site later.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Thats really cool Rodney, Thanks for posting this. Its amazing what can be done with a dtg printer and it looks like they are taking full advantage of its capabilities. Nice job Zazzle :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I'm pretty sure yep. I know another printer that does skateboards, so yes I do think its with dtg. If I am not mistaken, they use the tjet blazers which have a long print area.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Seems like it would be tricky to do with the contours of the board. I know the old school boards might be flat, but the other two boards usually have a slight concave shape in them so that your foot gets a little better grip on the board for tricks. like this: \___/ ,(not talking about the "tail" and the "nose", talking about from side to side) just not that extreme

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that would be a great promo item, giveaway item, etc. even if you are not selling them.
I was thinking that as well. For a full board with all the wheels/accessories, etc it only runs about $170, which would be a very cool giveaway or promotional item for the right market.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
If I am not mistaked I think Mistlewoods does skateboard printing with her flexijet. You might try sending her a pm Robin, in case she doesnt see this thead. Maybe she can help with telling you how she does it.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Ok I just checked where I thought she did skateboards, and what she prints is actually the grip tape that you apply to skateboards.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Has anyone here tried printing on a skateboard and how did you do it? We just found out hubby's grandson wants a new skateboard for his birthday. It would be wicked cool to do one up for him.

This is your chance to wrap something Robin. You didn't pay for that class for nothing. Start wrapping :)
Seriously though, have you done any wrapping yet?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rodney, how do you get this amazing cutout look on your screen shot posts? Do you Photoshop those?
It's this little screen capture software I found a while back (because I saw someone else post cool cutout screenshots and asked :)) Here it is: SPX Instant Screen Capture by Moodysoft Inc.

It's pretty cool because you can set it to automatically upload after you capture or copy to clipboard/save to file. All kinds of neat options. And it's pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Zazzle is just getting crazy now with the customization stuff :D

Just got their newsletter that said they are now offering custom, one off, SKATEBOARDS.
That is freakin' awesome. I have a GAMA-GO deck hanging on my wall over my desk. :) Maybe the next giveaway could be a TSF skateboard! ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have printed on a couple of skateboards I have a skateboard screen that i use. it is in the shape of the skateboard. It is huge and bulky but it works

1 - 20 of 22 Posts