T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - I'm from Zazzle and I wanted to just share some news with everyone. We just launched the option of designing on dark t-shirts. We have 5 new colors (Black, Dark Grey, Red, Dark Forest Green, Navy Blue).

It's the #1 customer request in the customized apparel market. And we're really excited about making this available to you guys. We're committed to making this a great site for our designers. Please let us know your feedback. Here's our suggestion box: www.zazzle.com/znews

·
Registered
387 Posts
Standbyit . . . I was just taking a quick tour . . awesome site . . .
I was most interested in the Breast Cancer Awareness Gallery
. . I got this .... We’re sorry, but the page you requested cannot be found.
*sniffles*~ . . .
is that link down for good ?

Diane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shuffy said:
Standbyit . . . I was just taking a quick tour . . awesome site . . .
I was most interested in the Breast Cancer Awareness Gallery
. . I got this .... We’re sorry, but the page you requested cannot be found.
*sniffles*~ . . .
is that link down for good ?

Diane
Diane -- actually, i've actually tried the link several times and it is working now. Let me know if you are having problems with that link... because we definitely intended for this link to be active. Love that you enjoyed our website. let us know if there is anything else!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Rodney,

Happy Holidays everyone!

You can use this promo code, ZAZZLEFS1205, for free ground shipping on every order through December 7. Enjoy!

Best,
JoshR

·
Registered
21 Posts
burningquestions said:
Just curious, how are you printing the dark shirts and what type of quality are they?
Hi Burningquestions,

We are using digital printing to print on the dark shirts. Our new printing process chemically bonds the ink to the fabric using a white ink base. This ensures that the colors appear true even on dark fabrics. The print is fused to the shirt and doesn't have a "decal" feel as with heat transfer or screen-printing.

The best way to see the quality is to try it for yourself. So far, we're still in beta, but we and our customers have been happy with the quality in just about every case. If you aren’t satisfied for any reason, you can return your product for a replacement or full refund within 30 days.

Thanks,
JoshE, ZazzleTeam

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks jdr. We've been so excited about the new process here I get a little carried away sometimes. In simpler terms, we are printing these digitally, using a white ink base under the colors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys.
I just got an account at Zazzle and was trying to ask a question on your customer support page. I keep getting "Failed to deliver" messages back in my email.

What's up? How do we contact you guys?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got a sampling of my designs and have a few comments/questions.

First, the shirts themselves are very good quality. No problem there.
The designs on the white shirts look pretty good.
The black shirts, however, are another story. I'm not sure if I expect too much or what. The colors were MUCH less saturated than they should be.
Gradient areas (airbrushed effect) got quantized to either "on or off". (Is this me expecting too much here?)

Some of the designs on the white shirts are smaller than they should be. I have a 14 inch wide design that came out to about 8 - 9 inches. This happened on 2 different shirts. Do the designes get automatically made smaller on smaller sized shirts? There was plenty of room to make them larger.

And lastely: When ordering some of the women's sizes you get a warning that they run very small and you should order 2 sizes larger. My wife is 5 feet tall and not fat. She ordered a medium and it was too small. If a woman this small needs a large, that puts these shirts out of the running for large women. These are really children's sizes and should be stated so. OR, they should be more standard. I think there will be a lot of returns despite the warning.

I think most of this can hopefully be worked out. I am happy with the web site and the fast service. I'd like to do a lot of business with Zazzle.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think Zazzle is great! I've always been happy with the quality and ability to customize. I have a gallery there and am happy with my sales.

-Michelle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Michelle.

Good to hear a good review of Zazzle. As I said, I'm happy with them too but need to get those questions answered in order to get predictable results and feel that my customers are getting what they expect.

Neal

·
Registered
14 Posts
BTW, Michelle, I just checked out your Zazzle page. Nice stuff. The bird on a black shirt called "Chickadee" (I think) looks very good on the site. Does it look as good on the shirt? If so, would you mind emailing me or posting the steps you took to do it?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Neal, I tried answering your questions in the other thread you started. I think your questions may have gotten lost since it wasn't its own topic here in the Zazzle forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jon Q, I haven't seen the Chickadee on a shirt in person but from what I know of my other images it should look pretty much the same except toned down a bit. ie: lower color saturation but still nice. It's from one of my paintings which I then edited in PSP. Does that help? :)

-Michelle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Toned down a bit would work for me but the two shirts I got were WAY off.
I guess I'll have to wait till I hear back from the Zazzle tech support. Hopefully that will get me on track. I like Zazzle and would love to send cutsomers their way.

Neal

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a couple of dark t-shirts from Zazzle last month and was quite disappointed with the results as well. I will give Zazzle credit - their Premium t-shirt is of amazing quality (although the white premium t-shirt I ordered was cut strangely - a couple inches too wide and a couple inches too short, but otherwise perfect!). And, like Jon_Q, I would have accepted "toned down" color on a dark t-shirt. I certainly wasn't expecting the same level of quality as I got from the premium t-shirts. I should also mention that both designs featured a great deal of white (the t-shirt was black), so again I realize the difficulty here.

One of the two t-shirts ("Second Abstraction") I got was unlike my original design in almost everyway. I used a transparent PNG (as recommended), yet what printed seemed to have been some sort of inversion. There were fully-transparent areas, but where the design should have been filled-in. I can't really figure out what happened. Also, the semi-transparent areas were printed at full opacity. On this particular t-shirt, there were no other colors except white, but the printed area looked muddy and felt grainy.

The other t-shirt ("First Abstraction") featured a lot of gradients and white areas. Again, a transparent PNG source image was used. Some how, the design was outlined in a blurry white line. Colours on this t-shirt were extremely muddy, and the black areas were speckled with white. The print also felt grainy, as if it hadn't properly set.

In retrospect, I realize that my design choices were probably not the best for a dark t-shirt. Still, despite my lowered expectations in the beginning, I was very disappointed to find an almost unrecognizable t-shirt in the mail. Fortunately, I was able to return both t-shirts for a full refund. No response to my inquires as to whether this is an acceptable level of quality (in Zazzle's opinion) for dark t-shirts, though. I can't really imagine that it is, althogh I would have appreciated a response to my inquiry.

I am going to give CafePress a go with these same designs, and if that doesn't work I guess I'm out of luck!

edit: Oh, I should also mention that the actual t-shirt itself (I think it was Hanes) was a great weight and fit perfectly. It didn't look faded at all, although I didn't get a chance to wash it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts