T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use mens Sizes (S-XL)

I need a size that is below "S" so that I can use as youth.

I do not want to deal with several youth sizes, just one.

So what would be a good size and brand of shirt that I could use, that is smaller than Mens S. Basically I want to cater to the youth, but with only one size.

I have found some youth sizes, but they appear to be identic (shoulders, chest, etc. ) to the "S" except shorter in length. Ideally it would be smaller everywhere ( shoulders, chest, etc. ), than the Mens "S".

Recommend something please.

· Registered
1,075 Posts
I use mens Sizes (S-XL)

I need a size that is below "S" so that I can use as youth.

I do not want to deal with several youth sizes, just one.

So what would be a good size and brand of shirt that I could use, that is smaller than Mens S. Basically I want to cater to the youth, but with only one size.

I have found some youth sizes, but they appear to be identic (shoulders, chest, etc. ) to the "S" except shorter in length. Ideally it would be smaller everywhere ( shoulders, chest, etc. ), than the Mens "S".

Recommend something please.
Check XS size for that.

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Yeah there is no adult XS after reading around. That guy was talking nonsense.
Apart from the brands that sell adult XS, of course. But being an industry expert, you already knew that.

Typically, the larger youth sizes are identical to adult S size, but have a smaller trunk diameter - that is, the overall length and width measurements appear similar, but there is less material in the lower portion to reflect the skinnier body of a youth. As you go down the youth sizes, all dimensions reduce to mirror the body dimensions of kids.

Same approach for junior and missy shirts for females. Same sizes but different volumes.

· Registered
1,295 Posts
I primarily sell Gildan 2000s. My experience has been a Youth XL and an Adult Small are very similar in size, so I would usually substitute someone wanting an XS to a Youth Large. I think I had some 2000L's that were XS when I made that comparison, and used youth larges to finish out the job as I didn't have enough stock on hand. The 2000L is Gildan's 2000 Ladies shirt of which they do actually make an XS of. That being said, if you had to stock one youth size only, I would suggest going with a Youth Medium, it seems to be the one I move the most with the schools before going into adult sizes. Again, that's going by Gildan's 2000 (2000b for youth) which is what I primarily sell.

You can usually get some sizing spec's from your manufacturer to determine how sizes compare. Sanmar usually has a link to the sizing specs on their product page, I believe AlphaBroder does as well. That may help you if you use a different brand, or if ever get a customer wanting to compare one brand to another.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.