T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
You've got some weird jaggies in the legs, elbow, top of head. Looks like an auto vector trace of a raster image gone bad, perhaps? Better result faster just roughly tracing by hand and tweaking from there.

Your circle of color is nicely done, and makes your B&W Panda work on light or dark colored shirts. That's a better approach than most of the other 6 pages of dabbing pandas took. Speaking of which ... there are 6 pages of dabbing pandas, and 90% of you obviously used the same clipart, or copied/vectored one another.

Although I myself have made jokes about the proliferation of Dabbing shirts, I have no @#$%ing clue what dabbing is. Yes, I know I could easily remedy my ignorance with a quick search, but perhaps I have found bliss? ;-)

FYI I'm on MBA, T100. Not rich yet :p

Fill your slots. Amazon is currently tiering people out of the low tiers simply for filling their slots and breathing, regardless of sales. This stops at T100, where you need full slots and at least 30-some sales, or you have to do it the old way and have 100 sales. No telling when they will reinstitute the old/official policy of having to sell your tier number to move out of it.

Most of my designs are entirely original without regard to what others have done. I have "improve catted" designs for a few niches that I like and would have made designs for regardless, but I went pretty far beyond what anyone else was doing with it, definitely my own thing. YMMV

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Amazon makes the mockups. You can tell Merch by Amazon shirts since they all look the same (for a given style), and have the same size chart.

I didn't realize this is a "Merch by Amazon" item.
I don't sell retail you see... :rolleyes:

Nevertheless... good example of an Excellent Mockup.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Thank For Your Reply and your reply advised me a lot
Cool.

FYI All of your early listings will be reviewed by an actual human being looking for violations of content policy. Do not mention the names of any companies, celebrities, movies, books, bands, characters, ANYTHING AT ALL that makes money for someone somewhere somehow. Not just in the design, but anywhere in the listing. If you wonder if something would be okay to use, the answer is NO! :p

Two of my first 10 designs got rejected. Actually, two of my first TWO designs got rejected :eek:

They expect people will make mistakes at first, which is why they do a human review and not just a robot scan. Once they think you've learned the lessons, you get the robot scans, and the expensive humans go off to review the next new people. However, if you keep making "mistakes" they will close your account, because they cannot afford to babysit people as they move up the tiers and list more and more designs.

As with everything, there is a lot to learn. Have fun.

Oh, have you seen the MBA Reddit? It is useful, to some extent, for getting some perspective and seeing what others think about things. Lots of opinions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmazonMerch/

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not bad, but the edges of the Panda look a bit ragged. Also, I wouldn't have overlaid the DAB letters on to the logo like that. Just my opinion though, for what it's worth.

Like NoXid, I have no clue what Dabbing is about and don't want to know, however, if it sells t-shirts, then what the hell! ;)

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
It's definitely a niche... and definitely worth a try.
Doing it on Merch costs nothing to begin with.

Yes, I also believe that the text should not be touching the circle, but the overall design is not bad. It's childish and cute.

Priced at $19 is a bit expensive too, but you never know.

If I had to price something like this I'd probably say $6 to $8 which is obviously not possible on Merch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.