T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up everyone. Where can you buy T-shirts that don't have any tags so we can place on our own. I'm new to all this. Is this possible? We want to have shirts with our tag printed on where the normal tag is.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Where can you buy T-shirts that don't have any tags so we can place on our own. I'm new to all this. Is this possible?
Not many places sell t-shirts without tags because of some legal requirements to have tags in the neckline.

Most people find a brand they like (Hanes, Gildan, AmericanApparel, AlternativeApparel, M & O Knits, etc) and then have them relabeled by either a screen printing or local seamstress (or they do it themself).

Some manufacturers will relabel their blanks at the factor if you place a large enough minimum order (AlternativeApparel, Jerico Sportswear, RoyalApparel, Continental Clothing are a few that do this).

You can get custom labels from many places (www.clothinglabels4u.com, luckylabel, djslabels, etc).

This is probably one of the more popular topics in the forum :) If you do a forum search for: relabeling, relabel or labels you will find tons of information the subject.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
hongkongdmz said:
Could you have a plastisol print or a stitched logo in place of your label on a t-shirt?
If you're asking a legal question about relabelling (i.e. can you have a printed plastisol label in place of a woven neck label), then the answer is yes. All the legal requirements about being permanent, appropriately located, having certain mandated information, etc. still apply, but the labelled information doesn't have to be on a tag (it can be directly on the garment).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check with the shirt manufacturer to see if they have a relabelling program. We are having our shirts relabelled by Alstyle Apparel. A large minimum order is usually required so if you're doing a big run, this might be something to consider.

·
Registered
27 Posts
xburner said:
When relabeling the tags, do I need to include the orginal RN # on my new customize tag?
It's not a must. You can also leave in the manufacturer's care tag that has the content and care info underneath your own label.

·
2,957 Posts
True, but not all shirts have separate labels. Some of them have the all of the info on 1 label. If that's the case, if you relabel, then you must make sure that all of the required info that was on the original label is on your label.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
If that's the case, if you relabel, then you must make sure that all of the required info that was on the original label is on your label.
so I can leave out the RN # , but must have all the other information, right?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Do remember that if you leave out the RN you have to have the full legal company name on the tag (I think yours is okay (i.e. it doesn't have to be the manufacturer)... the key is that the goods have to be traceable).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Solmu said:
Do remember that if you leave out the RN you have to have the full legal company name on the tag (I think yours is okay (i.e. it doesn't have to be the manufacturer)... the key is that the goods have to be traceable).

So can someone list exactly what needs to be on the tagless label on the shirt? im kinda confused

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
The FTC has a good bunch of pages on it, or if you search the forums I wrote a comprehensive post about it quite a while ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In reading the FTC's site, they say

"The label(s) with required information must be securely attached to the product until it is delivered to the consumer. However, the label(s) need not be permanently attached."

I have a friend that buys tagless shirts (no tags, no printing, nothing... completely blank), and he prints his own tag on cardstock, then attaches it to the sleeve with a clothes-pin.

I'll have to ask him, but is anyone aware of sites you can get those shirts from? I'm sure they're out there, just... not sure where! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts