T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am thinking about starting a t-shirt side business, I am wondering what the best method is to use to transfer high quality art work and photos to a t-shirt, I dont want it looking like some cheapo t-shirt that you mom made, I'm looking for good quality that someone would be eager to buy.

Also what equipment I see a lot of reviews of some of the epson printers but I was hoping to getting printing capability of more than 8 x 11.

and I dont know anything about heat presses, what do you guys suggest for something economical that produces high quality

oh yeah and screen printing is out I dont have that much money or time.

Thanks for any information that can be provided

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I have a mighty press 15 x 15 press and I use an epson printer and I turn out quality transfers and shirts. A lot has to do with your design. And there are a lot of moms here who make quality tee shirts. I don't know what your budget is but if you want the best press to use in this business starting out expect to pay about 650.00 If you are going to do larger than 8 x 11 transfers you will need a wide format printer (1280) converted to use pigment ink.I have also bought 2 presses from Coastal Business and can not express enough the service I received.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, Im not slamming any moms Im sure they can make very good shirts.

What do you have to do to convert an epson 1280 or other printer to pigment ink? Do you just buy a pigement cartridege or pigment ink system or does it require more than that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Epson photo1290, R210,R230, photo830 printer are comparatively profesional.
As to heat press machine, high pressure/ shaking head/ordinary heat press machine can serve you. Usually 15x15 inches is need. But also you can choose other sizes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
1280 is 6 color which for shirts is overkill really, no problem with them and many use them - older epson's work great - I use 3000 's and have printed many 15" x 19" transfers - its unchipped and the large refillable carts are like a bulk system as they hold almost 4 oz of ink each. get as large a press as you can afford especially if you already think you are going to do larger than 8.5 x 11.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts