T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is a design I recently drew up and converted to vector for a t-shirt.

I submitted the design for a contest at DBH for their halloweek2 contest what do you all think. If it does not win in the contest should I post this up for sale as a Royalty Free Graphic for all to buy and or try to sell as a printed shirt.

Let me know what you all think

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Trouble with this type of design from a printing perspective, is smoothing out the edges, so it blends into the tee. At the moment it is always going to look like a rectangular design slapped onto a shirt.

I'd be inclined to make the outline, the same general shape as the main character, then lay the design onto that character's body.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the contest. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my original thought on this is if i sell printed shirts they would be all over prints so I would just have to find a belt printer to do the job. but yes thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
All over prints are great, but due to the added complexity of printing them, you have to do them in significant quantity to produce them at a realistic price.

I've done a few all over prints myself using sublimation, which limits some of the design elements, but produces fantastic visual imagery.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi. Trouble with this type of design from a printing perspective, is smoothing out the edges, so it blends into the tee. At the moment it is always going to look like a rectangular design slapped onto a shirt.

I'd be inclined to make the outline, the same general shape as the main character, then lay the design onto that character's body.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the contest. :)
Will just summed it up pretty well in that post :)

No on the rectangle t-shirt design. Yes on giving the design a unique shape/outline/silhouette.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts