T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, of course the buyers remorse is in full swing. But I need to make the best of what I've done. I bought a Sable 60 as the title implies, this is my first cutter, and was thinking I got a decent deal to learn on and help my wife with her T-shirt making. I tried the driver pack floating around to make this thing win7 and up comparable. I'm using win 10 64x. Anyhoo, it tells me to change the USB setting. But when I press the buttons together to access the ability to make the switch... It doesn't do anything. So now I'm stuck. If you ask what plotting/cutter software I'm using, I haven't even got that far as i was hoping the PC would recognize it first and then find a software to use... If I'm doing that wrong, my bad, but I need help. I got no books or anything. Didn't even have the brand on it when I got it, so what research I've done has led me here and I don't know what else to do. I was even wondering if I could set up a raspberry pi to run this thing. So if anyone has done that, I'd be all ears.

Thank you in advance.

· Registered
4,702 Posts
you have to have a cutting program installed with the right sable 60 drivers available
your computer will not know what to do with the cutter

here are some generic usb drivers (you could try them with inkcut for inkscape in linux/windoze/appo)

check this older program (many drivers, maybe even sable60)

EDIT: no sable in the above program, try the gcc bobcat
seems like they made a bunch of 60's with different names (sable, bobcat, bengal), so the drivers might work

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I tried the USB drivers linked, no use. I did come across an article where the person writing it had the same issues as me back in... 2017 I think. They had to update the firmware on the cutter. Trouble is, Gcc doesn't have the firmware on the site anymore. Plus, since my PC recognizes the cutter only as "USB-printer" I don't know if it could push the update into it anyhow. I found the Gcc utility for doing this, but just need the firmware, if anyone happens to have... Firmware V2.05-02, I'd be really grateful. Because then it's up to me to either get the update installed via serial bus, I'm guessing with a USB to rs-232 adapter, or keep fiddling with the USB-a to USB-B connection.

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.