T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm New To The Printing Biz And Just Got A Epson Stylus Pro 4800 And In Using Sublijet Ink. I'm Printing On Regular Copy Paper And Using 100% Polyester Shirts. My Press Temp. Is @ 400 Degrees And For 45 Seconds Press Time. The Problem Im Having Is My Finish Comes Out Light Yellow For All Colors. Please Help Me Fix This Problem. Thanks

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Using Sublijet Ink. I'm Printing On Regular Copy Paper
I have not done any sublimation tranfers as of yet, but from all the reading I have done, you need to use a sublimation tranfer paper not regular copy paper. Your ink with absord into regular paper but will sit on the sublimation tranfer paper(so to speak). Check with the supplier you bought your ink from and ask them for the proper paper.

·
10,512 Posts
I have done dye sublimation by hand painting dyes onto regular copy paper, so it is at least possible. Though I imagine you'd get better results using paper designed for it :)

·
10,512 Posts
Err... actually, come to think of it that wasn't sublimation sorry. It was onto silk, so it was just transfer printing using dyes and a carrier paper. If one works I imagine the other would... might have to try it some time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts