T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed recently a very slight yellow edge on any black parts of the print ...

Any ideas on how to correct this...

Ive checked the artwork and also against previous prints and neither have it ?

:/

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ive noticed recently a very slight yellow edge on any black parts of the print ...

Any ideas on how to correct this...

Ive checked the artwork and also against previous prints and neither have it ?

:/
Have you tried cleaning or replacing encoder strip? Same for print head ribbon cables?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
no, but i have a new print head carriage and cable and a new encoding strip, if its likely to be that i could replace them ... ?
I would start with the easiest first. Replace encoder strip and see if it clears. I don't think it would be the carriage. Also double check your artwork and make sure its as black as you can get it. Maybe print a 100% black box and see if you notice it. Could be software or artwork related.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the new carriage due to having an issue from day 1 (4yrs ago) of the white carts not resetting if they go solid during print, ive put off doing it, as touch wood ive had no problem for the past few weeks after installing a new print head.

thanks for the advice i will try the encoding strip later tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I got the new carriage due to having an issue from day 1 (4yrs ago) of the white carts not resetting if they go solid during print, ive put off doing it as touch wood ive had no problem for the past few weeks after installing a new print head.

thanks for the advice i will try the encoding strip later tomorrow.
No problems. Please post an update so that anyone else who has this issue can hopefully find solutions.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry been busy,

I replaced the coding strip to no avail ... it is only very slight and only does it with black ... Ive checked other art work and its just the same, and if i check prints of the same artwork from a few weeks ago, there is no yellow peeking through

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
sorry been busy,

I replaced the coding strip to no avail ... it is only very slight and only does it with black ... Ive checked other art work and its just the same, and if i check prints of the same artwork from a few weeks ago, there is no yellow peeking through
You can try replacing ribbon cables next. If it still appears then you can attempt the print head carriage if you fill comfortable in doing so. I have an instructional video to doing this. Can be good reference.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
sorry been busy,

Also, where are you getting your ink from and what country? What brand is it?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok ...

I think ive found the culprit !

I noticed that one side of the capping station on the outside of the rubber that surrounds the pad had ink on the edge which it hasnt before ... then today my yellow stopped working for no reason ... I flushed it with no issues ...so its not clogged ... I thought i needed to replace the capping station pump ... but then I noticed the right hand screw that secures the metal bar holding the print head in place had snapped the plastic that the screw goes into allowing the printhead to move around... Ive put some plastic weld on it for now, I do have a new carriage but will see how well this holds, as it will mean also replacing the ribbon which I do have ...

will update soon ...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ok ...

I think ive found the culprit !

I noticed that one side of the capping station on the outside of the rubber that surrounds the pad had ink on the edge which it hasnt before ... then today my yellow stopped working for no reason ... I flushed it with no issues ...so its not clogged ... I thought i needed to replace the capping station pump ... but then I noticed the right hand screw that secures the metal bar holding the print head in place had snapped the plastic that the screw goes into allowing the printhead to move around... Ive put some plastic weld on it for now, I do have a new carriage but will see how well this holds, as it will mean also replacing the ribbon which I do have ...

will update soon ...
Hopefully that's it. That piece on the carriage where the two screws go into to hold that bar down breaks easily so hand tight is good enough. Same for the screws for the print head. When the cartridges are in place they should be able to hold the print head down and keep it from moving. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
"in for a penny, in for a pound" ... after the glue had set, i found that the hole for the screw was just too big, and all the screws I had were too long ...

So I decided to remove the carriage and install the new one. Im glad I didnt video this, as there was much foul language ...

once the carriage was off I decided to replace the printhead ribbon, capping station and coding strip, and clean everything.

The video I used was this one Support Videos |

It doesnt explain how the fan comes off the back, i was looking for screws everywhere ???? should have been made by Rubix, eventually I realised that it just clips off ... douh !

I also realised luckily that the new printhead had an extra sensor underneath, I wasnt sure if it would make any difference, but I removed it anyway ...

I have only just finished putting it all back together ...

Im very happy to report she is ship shape and running at 100% ... I just need to lube the carriage bars in the morning ... also the holes on the new carriage are considerably smaller than the ones that were in it from when I received it from EZ I assume over time they used bigger and bigger screws ...

Thanks again for all the help and advice :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.