T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I transfer image sometimes I see yellow left on transfer paper. I am using Alpha Double Green Line with Epson C80, 18 seconds on Hanes Beefy.
Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Re: Transfer paper

This is pretty normal; I've always had this with any designs that used any yellow at all in them. The important thing is how it looks on the shirt, and how it looks after several washings of the shirt.

Now, if the image is yellowing on the shirt, that's a different problem - and would probably require a color profile adjustment when printing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thanks guys this is still new to me. Had a bug after I posted, sorry did not get back sooner.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts

jdr8271 said:
This only happens with durablright inks (epson brand). Their ink is very yellowish for some reason. It looks fine on the shirt though.
jon, are these inks for printing on cotton or polyester (or both) type shirts ?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Durabrite inks are what many on epsons inkjet printers use. The inks dont restrict what you can print on. The transfer paper generally restricts that as far as I know. I use the miracool/iron all paper, which can be used on cotton, poliester, spandex, lycra, 50/50 without a problem. The other papers I have used in the past, transjet II, and jetwear paper both print on cotton and poliester without a problem as well.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
My transfers have a yelowing affect on the shirt..why?

Assuming you're using Durabrite inks - You need to adjust your color profile when printing. Go into the advanced settings and try Yellow -15, Cyan +5, and Magenta +5 before printing. adjust from there as needed.

If you look around for 'yellowing' or check the FAQ thread, you can find more threads talking about this. Rodney has posted some pictures of this settings window in one of them as well if my explanation was confusing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts