T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
I have a few sites in the Yahoo!Directory, most of them were submitted before they started charging.

A couple of them I submitted after they started charging.

I do think it can benefit a site by being in the Yahoo! directory. I don't think it needs to be the first thing in your advertising budget, but it can help your search engine efforts if you have the money for it. It's definitely not as much of a must have as it was say 5 years ago.

I still get a good number of visitors that come from browing the directory listings, and I think it has helped my position in related Yahoo searches.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Update, I just discoveded that I am in the main yahoo directory, no idea how I got there
Marie, are you talking about the actual Yahoo directory or just the search results when you search at Yahoo.com?

One is a spidered search result (free) and one is a manual directory listing within a specific category at Yahoo (once free, but now paid only).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.