T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
I think that customers buying XXL are used to paying a bit extra because so many sites do it and there is an actual extra cost associated with the larger shirts (from the manufacturer).

I think it's find to add $1.75-$2.00 for an XXL.

Like I always say though...it depends:)

For example: If your market is specifically for larger sizes (as in the case of fatguyshirts.com), you can sort of stand out by NOT charging the "normal" upcharge as an added selling point for your demographic.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
I'm not in the urban market so an over-sized t-shirt is not expected and looking at a lot of the sites I aspire to be like they do this also. If it wasn't working for them or was hurting their sales (which I'm sure they've looked into) they wouldn't do it.
This is a good point too. I used to go by the rule "What would amazon.com do" when I was trying to setup my websites. Meaning, they have the big bucks to do usability tests, check analytics to see what is working and what isn't, etc. If something wasn't working on their site or costing them sales, they wouldn't do it. When trying to succeed, it doesn't hurt to emulate those that are successful in their niche.

So in this case, you could say "what would cafepress do" or "what would threadless do". Or as Greg did "what would Roca Wear, G-Unit, FTKOnline do" (since that was closer to his market).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.