T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on figuring out the best prices for my shirts right now. In determining price I've seen that quite a few shirt sites tack on $1 or $2 for ordering an XXL. When you go to order and pick the shirt size from the drop down you can see it there: XXL (Add $2).

I was wondering how many of you also do this. I definitely think it's justifiable as anyone who has purchased shirts before knows that the XXL is usually a higher price than the M-XL.

Although passing this fee on to your customer may be justifiable doesn't mean it's a best practice. I can see how this would help you recoup your cost on XXL's but on the other hand I wonder if people would be turned off by this. I doubt a lot of people would refuse to order the shirt because of an extra dollar or two but I could also see losing a small percentage of sales because of that.

Those of you that have been at this a while, what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Comin'OutSwingin said:
You gonna keep us in the dark? C'mon, spill it...what did you decide?
Oh, I decided to add $2 for the XXL shirts.

The reasons for this was:

1. Based on the responses it's reasonable, an accepted practice and sometimes expected by the customer.

2. Rodney has multiple sites, knows a lot about the business and is successful so him saying it's fine to do (for my market) says a lot.

3. Badalou has loads of real-world experience and is a veteran of the industry. His word also means a lot to me.

4. I'm not in the urban market so an over-sized t-shirt is not expected and looking at a lot of the sites I aspire to be like they do this also. If it wasn't working for them or was hurting their sales (which I'm sure they've looked into) they wouldn't do it.

There are a lot more reasons and benefits to practice this than not (at least for my situation).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.